Elk hunt with revolver....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muzzleloader48

Reaction score
My one goal has been to take an elk with my Ruger Super Redhawk, .44 magnum, 9 1/2" barrel, Leupold scope.
It is definitely capable of taking one down and I have it sited at 75 yards at this time. Want to take it to 100 yds.
That being said it will have to wait as this year we have deer and elk tags for muzzle loader season.

Good luck on your hunts this year. My friend and I shoot the Ruger Blackhawk Hunters- 7.5 " barrels, and use Barnes XPB 225 grain bullets. He took a nice cow elk this year with his at 40 yards, open site. Dropped the elk in its tracks. The only thing I have shot with mine is hogs from 80 lb. to 200 lb and all went down very quick. The Barnes XPB is a great bullet. I use it in my Encore 15" .460 in a 200 grain. Good on whitetails.
Hope you take game with the smoke pole.
Mike

thanks
Good luck on your hunts this year. My friend and I shoot the Ruger Blackhawk Hunters- 7.5 " barrels, and use Barnes XPB 225 grain bullets. He took a nice cow elk this year with his at 40 yards, open site. Dropped the elk in its tracks. The only thing I have shot with mine is hogs from 80 lb. to 200 lb and all went down very quick. The Barnes XPB is a great bullet. I use it in my Encore 15" .460 in a 200 grain. Good on whitetails.
Hope you take game with the smoke pole.
Mike
Mike. We usually do pretty good in our area. Rain has come here, so hopefully it continues. Great forage for the animals to become nice and fat. We'll be heading out close to mid September.
My sons got me a real nice Holosun reflex scope for my Ruger....just need to site it in. If we ever go back to OK hog hunting, I'm taking it with me.
Nice to see you guys got some meat for the table. Good hunting.

Latest posts

Back