one for the grill

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gobbler getter

Reaction score
weather gettin about right around here so i thought i would get in a stand and see if i could kill me a deer. i took my Savage muzzleloader slipped on a camo t-shirt so it looked like i was huntin at 1817 i had a doe step out, i ranged her at 242 yards to far for the smokepole. at 1836 porky shows up eatin corn like a machine. put range finder on him 123 yards as soon as he turned sideways the savage spoke, a 250 grain hornady xtp mag ended the feeding frenzy ( for him ) now mine starts. 250 grain xtp in a harvester short black sabot snuggly on top of 67 grains of IMR 4198
shot was at the base of the neck complete pass through destroyed the spine.

100_3208.jpg

Congratulations GG! Looks like some fine eating right there, I just love pork. 8)

Congratulations on the pork, and for making an excellent shot. Should be some fine meals you have hanging there. Way to shoot.

PORKER

Hey nice shot , appears to be a nice size for eatin. I don,t like pigs in the wild. I think they are ruining the habitat for the native critters. Hope you killem all
Wayles

Back