Sons second deer with a muzzleloader.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babills

Reaction score
Well last minute of the last day for Michigans youth season and my son connects with a beautiful 5 point buck. He was useing the same gun and load as he did when he shot his doe in my other post. This shot was 102 yards on the range finder, i ranged it right before he pulled the trigger. The bullet center punched the shoulder, he ran about 50 yds and piled up right in front of the treestand. 2 hunt = 2 deer. The boy is sure putting the pressure on dear old dad.
DSCF3125.jpg

Looks like he has set the bar pretty high. Congrads and good luck catching up.

Congrats to both of you!

I know the feeling about the pressure on old Dad. Just got the news that my son is now two for two on the Iowa youth season. I couldn't be there for number two because of my job.

Uh, oh. He is getting spoiled fast. Better put him on your worst stand!

I often wonder how nice it would be to start hunting these days. With the deer population being what it is, I could kill a deer just about any day I go out. When I started, killing a deer would make a season and many, if not most, days we did not see a deer.

Great job getting him into it. I hope it pays off with many quality hours spent together!

There is no better way to spend time than with your son in the feild hunting- enjoy it he will be grow before you notice. Do hope you get a chance to get your deer with your son with you.

well son 2 still dad 0 hit won with bow but he dropped and arrow hit high no recovery...

Just seen this one, congratulations to the both of you. 8)

Latest posts

Back