Dutch Holster Pistol

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heelerau

Reaction score
I have acquired a Dutch Holster pistol, recovered from Bremen harbour by Lieutenant George Gosse, a bomb disposal boffin of incredible courage, who at this time was the first to successfully disarm a German Magnetic Oyster mine, the fuse actually ran but verdigris stopped the points from closing. He found this pistol that had only just been tossed into he harbour at the end of the war. It was missing the trigger, side nails and side nail plate which I had replaced many years ago by a local artisan. The pistol shoots well. Hannah has passed it onto me as no one in the family wants it and I am the closest person to family so here it is. By Beckers of Maestricht about 1740. Would have been one of a pair. Holds beautifully. Rear sight, smooth bore. about .65 Lock plate is gun metal. Brass mounted, European walnut stockIMG_0958.jpg

I have acquired a Dutch Holster pistol, recovered from Bremen harbour by Lieutenant George Gosse, a bomb disposal boffin of incredible courage, who at this time was the first to successfully disarm a German Magnetic Oyster mine, the fuse actually ran but verdigris stopped the points from closing. He found this pistol that had only just been tossed into he harbour at the end of the war. It was missing the trigger, side nails and side nail plate which I had replaced many years ago by a local artisan. The pistol shoots well. Hannah has passed it onto me as no one in the family wants it and I am the closest person to family so here it is. By Beckers of Maestricht about 1740. Would have been one of a pair. Holds beautifully. Rear sight, smooth bore. about .65 Lock plate is gun metal. Brass mounted, European walnut stockView attachment 3646
can I see the other side? out of the box.

I really like dutch holster pistols. I have one & its working very well from lat many years.

I have acquired a Dutch Holster pistol, recovered from Bremen harbour by Lieutenant George Gosse, a bomb disposal boffin of incredible courage, who at this time was the first to successfully disarm a German Magnetic Oyster mine, the fuse actually ran but verdigris stopped the points from closing. He found this pistol that had only just been tossed into he harbour at the end of the war. It was missing the trigger, side nails and side nail plate which I had replaced many years ago by a local artisan. The pistol shoots well. Hannah has passed it onto me as no one in the family wants it and I am the closest person to family so here it is. By Beckers of Maestricht about 1740. Would have been one of a pair. Holds beautifully. Rear sight, smooth bore. about .65 Lock plate is gun metal. Brass mounted, European walnut stockView attachment 3646
Beautiful pistol.

That is a gorgeous piece of history.

As a Dutchman, I drool over that pistol! Just plain LOVELY. Can we see a photo of the other side also?

~Kees~

When I get back to SA in the next couple of months will try and remember to post some photos of said pistol from the sidenail side

Winterhawk, a shot of the other side, the new side nail plate was custom made to fit the original inlettingIMG_0830.jpg

Back