My wife has the ML fever,, BAD.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nutoy

Reaction score
You know how most women (and some men :lol: ) go hit the stores the day after Christmas looking for those crazy deals. Well my wife is one of those, but in a different catagory.
Rewind to two weeks ago. Beings we will now have a two week extended ML season she decided she wanted a new ML for her Christmas so she bought herself a Knight Vision. It came in and as bad as I wanted too I waited and let her open the box. I mounted her scope and as it turns out the LOP was too long. After some great help from sabotloader, I cut the stock down to fit her LOP. The next day I sighted it in and WOW,, two 1.25 three shot groups at 100 yds. I'm impressed.
Back to today. She calls and tells me she's looking at ML's at the local store and the salesman tells her she can get them for HALF price. They only have a few left so she picks up a Traditions Pursuit XLT because it was all dudded up with the camo stock. He tells her he'll let her have it for $140.00. I told her to get the rings and bases for a 44mm scope and she tells me she already did. She said to get the scope ready so we can get it mounted and go shooting this afternoon.
You just have to love a woman like that. :) :)

I wish my wife would just shoot one, but she lets me go whenever i want to hunt or shoot. Her brother was a hunter in Canada and went all the time.

My wife drug me to the mall to go shoe shopping after Christmas, does that count? :cry:

Sounds like a great women you have there. I would encourage her all I could and let her buy lots of muzzleloader stuff. Keep us posted how that Traditions shoots.

cayuga, it shoots very good,, at least to me it does. I scoped it out when she got home and we grabbed both HER new ML's and headed out back to sight in the Tradition and burn some powder. After a quick bore sight and five shots later it was ready for a grouping at 100 yds. Two three shot groups with Hornady 250 SSt's over 100 grs of T7 pellets produced a 1.250" and 1.125" groups. Both groups had two holes touching and one hole slightly high and right. Both the high right shots were the last shot in each group.
Her Knight Vision is grouping almost exactly the same.
In my experience with new guns and reloading is they usually get better after they have had a few shots through them, and even better when you find the "sweet" load for that individual gun.

Anyways, I just couldn't help myself, so I brought the Traditions to the woods the other day,,, she was at work so it's not like she was going to be using it. :) After a couple hours hanging off the side of a tree a nice doe walks out of a thicket at 80 yds and stopped broadside. After the shot I couldn't see ANYTHING for about 10 seconds. The doe was gone. I though great,, I missed. I climbed down and went over to where she was standing and HOLY COW. There was a blood trail that looked like it was poured from a five gallon bucket. She barely made it back into the thicket 5 yds away. That was my last doe tag but I still have one buck tag left. Our ML season starts monday so I'm pumped. She still has both her buck tags and one doe tag. She's taking a weeks vacation so I guess I'll be the DS(desiginated skinner) :D

We need more women in the field.mine recently passed her hunters safety course.and pretty quick i will be buying her a new knight wolverine youth model with the starter kit.she's a small girl and the lop on the wolverine should be perfect and it's only $150.

Sounds like she's a keeper.

Maybe she will let you use her ML's when she is not using them :)

Back