Dreaded Consequences of the Current Crisis (tongue in cheek)

Help Support Frontier Muzzle Loading:

RonC

FML Supporter
Looking at the data, COVID is not like the flu. I adhere to no individual dogma about the virus and don’t believe what is delivered by talking heads and bloggers, no matter what side of the political spectrum they claim to represent. I do research credible, expert, vetted, sources of information that has been carefully reviewed in order to establish my opinions.

I have done hours of research on the COVID-19 virus, going beyond Google searches and onto Google Scholar that examines the published literature base of peer reviewed, intensively vetted articles. In this case, my focus was on whether the COVID-19 virus (also known, now, as SARS-COV-2) is worse than, equivalent to, or less harmful than the various flu viruses.

The independent, vetted research shows that COVID-19 is far more damaging and lethal than the flu. If you look at the home bases of the authors of each articles, you will see people from a multitude of organizations and many countries.

Researchers who examined the lungs of patients killed by covid-19 found evidence that it attacks the lining of blood vessels there, a critical difference from the lungs of people who died of the flu, according to a report published Thursday in the New England Journal of Medicine.

Critical parts of the lungs of patients infected by the novel coronavirus also suffered many microscopic blood clots“In terms of the heart, when there is a cytokine storm, the excess of cytokines can lead to fulminant myocarditis (inflammation of the heart), with heart muscle cell necrosis or death,” said Dr. Joyce M. Oen-Hsiao, the director of clinical cardiology at Yale Medicine, adding that this can lead to problems with heart function and heart failure.

In covid-19 patients, they found nine times as many micro-clots in the tiny capillaries of the small air sacs that allow oxygen to pass into the blood stream and carbon dioxide to move out. The virus may have damaged the walls of those capillaries and blocked the movement of those gases, the researchers wrote.

SARS-CoV-2 infection can lead to cardiac injury, respiratory failure, acute respiratory distress syndrome, and death. Porcheddu R., Serra C., Kelvin D., Kelvin N., Rubino S. Similarity in case fatality rates (CFR) of COVID-19/SARS-COV-2 in Italy and China. J Infect Dev Ctries. 2020;14(2):125–128. doi: 10.3855/jidc.12600. Published 2020 Feb 29. [PubMed] [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]

In The Lancet Infectious Diseases, Robert Verity and colleagues provide an estimate of the case fatality ratio for COVID-19. By using individual-case data from mainland China (3665 cases) and 1334 cases detected outside of mainland China, assuming a constant attack rate by age, and adjusting for demography and age-based and location-based under-ascertainment, Verity and colleagues estimate that the overall case fatality ratio in China of 1·38% (95% CrI 1·23–1·53), which becomes higher as age increases. Flu death rate is 0.1%.

Even though the fatality rate is low for younger people, it is very clear that any suggestion of COVID-19 being just like influenza is false
: even for those aged 20–29 years, once infected with SARS-CoV-2, the case fatality ratio is around three times higher than that of seasonal influenza in people aged 18–49 years. For people aged 60 years and older, the chance of survival following SARS-CoV-2 infection is approximately 95% in the absence of comorbid conditions (5% mortality or 50 times the rate for flu.).

“In terms of the heart, when there is a cytokine storm, the excess of cytokines can lead to fulminant myocarditis (inflammation of the heart), with heart muscle cell necrosis or death,” said Dr. Joyce M. Oen-Hsiao, the director of clinical cardiology at Yale Medicine, adding that this can lead to problems with heart function and heart failure.

This chart shows day to day death rates for several years in several states. It also shows the rates of death in 2020 – the red line. The extra deaths are due to COVID-19.
deaths due to corona COVID.JPG

RonC

FML Supporter
Here are some references for those who want to check my efforts. I have copies of these articles and many others and will send them to anyone who asks.
References

Pulmonary Vascular Endothelialitis, Thrombosis, and Angiogenesis in Covid-19.
Maximilian Ackermann, M.D., Stijn E. Verleden, Ph.D., Mark Kuehnel, Ph.D., Axel Haverich, M.D., Tobias Welte, M.D., Florian Laenger, M.D., Arno Vanstapel, Ph.D., Christopher Werlein, M.D., Helge Stark, Ph.D., Alexandar Tzankov, M.D., William W. Li, M.D., Vincent W. Li, M.D., Steven J. Mentzer, M.D., and Danny Jonigk, M.D.

Cardiovascular Implications of Fatal Outcomes of Patients With Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Tao Guo, MD1; Yongzhen Fan, MD1; Ming Chen, MD1; et al Xiaoyan Wu, MD1; Lin Zhang, MD1; Tao He, MD1; Hairong Wang, MD1; Jing Wan, MD1; Xinghuan Wang, MD2; Zhibing Lu, MD1 . JAMA Cardiol. Published online March 27, 2020. doi:10.1001/jamacardio.2020.1017

Front. Cardiovasc. Med., 30 April 2020 | Cardiovascular Impairment in COVID-19: Learning From Current Options for Cardiovascular Anti-Inflammatory Therapy

Cardiovascular Impairment in COVID-19: Learning From Current Options for Cardiovascular Anti-Inflammatory Therapy. Lun Wang†, Yang Zhang† and Shuyang Zhang*

Cardiovascular complications in COVID-19. Long,MDa,⁎, William J.Brady,MDb, Alex Koyfman,MDc, MichaelGottlieb,MDdaBrooke Army Medical Center, Department of Emergency Medicine, 3841 Roger Brooke Dr, Fort Sam Houston, TX 78234, United StatesbDepartment of Emergency Medicine, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA 22903, United StatescThe University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Department of Emergency Medicine, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390, United StatesdDepartment of Emergency Medicine, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, United States. American Journal of Emergency Medicine, in press

Travel Med Infect Dis. 2020 Apr 6 : 101655. doi: 10.1016/j.tmaid.2020.101655 [Epub ahead of print] PMCID: PMC7136886
PMID: 32272199

COVID-19 is not just a flu. Learn from Italy and act now. Andrea De Giorgio

Likelihood of survival of coronavirus disease 2019. Shigui Ruan. Open Access Published:March 30, 2020 DOI:Redirecting

More evidence emerges on why covid-19 is so much worse than the flu
More evidence emerges on why covid-19 is so much worse than the flu - Carelyst

Marty

Staff member
Here are some references for those who want to check my efforts. I have copies of these articles and many others and will send them to anyone who asks.
References

Pulmonary Vascular Endothelialitis, Thrombosis, and Angiogenesis in Covid-19.
Maximilian Ackermann, M.D., Stijn E. Verleden, Ph.D., Mark Kuehnel, Ph.D., Axel Haverich, M.D., Tobias Welte, M.D., Florian Laenger, M.D., Arno Vanstapel, Ph.D., Christopher Werlein, M.D., Helge Stark, Ph.D., Alexandar Tzankov, M.D., William W. Li, M.D., Vincent W. Li, M.D., Steven J. Mentzer, M.D., and Danny Jonigk, M.D.

Cardiovascular Implications of Fatal Outcomes of Patients With Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Tao Guo, MD1; Yongzhen Fan, MD1; Ming Chen, MD1; et al Xiaoyan Wu, MD1; Lin Zhang, MD1; Tao He, MD1; Hairong Wang, MD1; Jing Wan, MD1; Xinghuan Wang, MD2; Zhibing Lu, MD1 . JAMA Cardiol. Published online March 27, 2020. doi:10.1001/jamacardio.2020.1017

Front. Cardiovasc. Med., 30 April 2020 | Cardiovascular Impairment in COVID-19: Learning From Current Options for Cardiovascular Anti-Inflammatory Therapy

Cardiovascular Impairment in COVID-19: Learning From Current Options for Cardiovascular Anti-Inflammatory Therapy. Lun Wang†, Yang Zhang† and Shuyang Zhang*

Cardiovascular complications in COVID-19. Long,MDa,⁎, William J.Brady,MDb, Alex Koyfman,MDc, MichaelGottlieb,MDdaBrooke Army Medical Center, Department of Emergency Medicine, 3841 Roger Brooke Dr, Fort Sam Houston, TX 78234, United StatesbDepartment of Emergency Medicine, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA 22903, United StatescThe University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Department of Emergency Medicine, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390, United StatesdDepartment of Emergency Medicine, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, United States. American Journal of Emergency Medicine, in press

Travel Med Infect Dis. 2020 Apr 6 : 101655. doi: 10.1016/j.tmaid.2020.101655 [Epub ahead of print] PMCID: PMC7136886
PMID: 32272199

COVID-19 is not just a flu. Learn from Italy and act now. Andrea De Giorgio

Likelihood of survival of coronavirus disease 2019. Shigui Ruan. Open Access Published:March 30, 2020 DOI:Redirecting

More evidence emerges on why covid-19 is so much worse than the flu
More evidence emerges on why covid-19 is so much worse than the flu - Carelyst
No doubt, if I were in your shoes, I would have read everything I could find on COVID19. Thanks for taking the time to post some of your finding.😉

falcon

FML Supporter
RonC: Thanks for the extensive research.

Last edited:

heelerau

Ron, great news about the negative test. I too have adult acquired asthma, work related, noxious gasses in the nickel refinery. I now have a wet cough and shortness of breath, although excersize is improving it. The cough is a bloody nuisance, particularly at night. At the moment we have only 3 active covid cases in Western Australia, our state borders are locked down. As we have no community spread business are opening up, like gunshots and our rifle ranges are now open for practise only. I am going on Sunday to see if my adjustments to the Navy colt hammer nose have improved the pot, it shoots to the left.
Hopefully that nasty bug you have had has now left you with immunity. Don't know when our international borders will reopen.

cheers

Gordon

RonC

FML Supporter
It would be great to start a thread on the "the government purposely gave disease contaminated blankets to the Indians (Mandans) " for expediting westward expansion. That would remove the theme from this thread and open the topic to thorough discussion.

Hanshi

It would be great to start a thread on the "the government purposely gave disease contaminated blankets to the Indians (Mandans) " for expediting westward expansion. That would remove the theme from this thread and open the topic to thorough discussion.

Agreed! However, I know for a fact that this virus was released on purpose by aliens from the L32D star system some 607 light years away. And it was released with the full cooperation of the government. Don't believe me? Then verify the claim by asking me again! 👽

muzzleloader48

Don't you think the Democrat party does a good enough job of trashing the white man?

muzzleloader48

ORRR...we could compare the westward expansion genocide to the German genocide of the jews in Nazi Germany and that would really trash us!

Buck Conner

Staff member
FML Supporter
Heard a radio talk show host a few weeks ago comment to a call-in that the virus was God's way of cleansing the earth. Have listened to see what his network thought on his comment, nothing yet like it never happened ???

time.moves.jpg

Buck Conner

Staff member
FML Supporter
Heard a radio talk show host a few weeks ago comment to a call-in that the virus was God's way of cleansing the earth. Have listened to see what his network thought on his comment, nothing yet like it never happened ???
Some of these TV and radio hosts come up with the dumbest things to talk about. That's when I turn them off going to an old movies that I have seen at least a half dozen times.
Then the network provider wants to raise your service another $40 bucks. !~@#$%^ :(.....:mad:...:dancing chicken:

time.moves.jpg

Buck Conner

Staff member
FML Supporter
Some of these TV and radio hosts come up ......
Then the network provider wants to raise your service another $40 bucks. !~@#$%^ :(.....:mad:...:dancing chicken:
Called Comcast yesterday and raised hell about them raising my service charges. Now after a half hour of complaining and talking to two different people they dropped our new charges by $37.00 dollars. Now have to relax and let my blood pressure settle ..... :coffee:

time.moves.jpg

Renegadehunter

FML Supporter
I recently did the same with DTV. It helps when you are at the point that you are fine with just cancelling their service if they don't bend on their rate.
Dropped $50 a month for a year and gave me NFL ticket free for the next two seasons without having to renew my contract.

muzzleloader48

Since we live out in the boonies, our only choice is satellite. Dish and Hughesnet don't give a damned if you cancel because you have no choice except no TV and no Internet!!!! Called them up and complained and threatened to cancel and got a "well we're sorry to see you go"!! 😱🤣:cheers:

Rusticbob

I will be interested to see how Sweden makes out. They are taking precautions, but not cowering in fear. I'm afraid all our "experts" got it wrong.

Attachments

RonC

FML Supporter
Sweden seems to have gotten it wrong.

Sweden's lax COVID-19 response caused too many deaths, country's top epidemiologist says

The epidemiologist who led Sweden's controversial COVID-19 response, which did not involve a strict lockdown, now says that the country should have done more to stop the spread of the virus, according to news reports.

Live Science. June 5, 2020

Sweden’s Covid-19 strategy has caused an ‘amplification of the epidemic’

Text by: Tom WHEELDON . 17/05/2020 France 24

Sweden is famously one of the few countries to have opted against a lockdown to contain the spread of the coronavirus. But given that the country has a much higher death toll per million than its Nordic neighbours, many observers have suggested that the Swedish approach has failed.

As Deaths Soar, Doubts Grow Over Sweden’s Exceptional COVID-19 Response

By Henry Ridgwell Voice of America News

May 21, 2020 07:44 PM

Ultimately, the death toll in Sweden right now is the highest per capita in Europe as of this week. And the experience of their neighbors hasn’t been as severe. So, I think if you look at Denmark, which has taken a very different approach — a very strong lockdown early — they really got out in front of their outbreak. They have been testing significantly more than Sweden. They’ve been able to relieve a lot of their social distancing quicker,” Rosenstein told VOA.

Sweden recorded the most coronavirus deaths in Europe per capita over the past week, according to Oxford data

Rosie Perper May 20, 2020, 12:22 AM Business Insider

Sweden recorded the most coronavirus deaths in Europe per capita over the past week, according to data from Our World In Data, an online research publication based at the University of Oxford.

Sweden recorded the most coronavirus deaths in Europe per capita over the seven days that ended Tuesday, according to data from Our World In Data, an online research publication based at the University of Oxford.

The data, first reported on by Reuters, indicated that Sweden averaged 6.25 deaths a day per million people from the virus over the past week.

Comparatively, the UK averaged 5.75 deaths a day per million people over the same seven-day period, Belgium averaged 4.6, France averaged 3.49, and Italy averaged 3.

Cases overview

Sweden

Confirmed
Recovered
-
Deaths

Latest posts