New Wolf on the range!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontier gander

Reaction score
I got the New Wolf out on the range today with 90gr Blackhorn209 - 245gr Powerbelts and some new regular power CCI 209 primers.

50 yards off the Caldwell FCX
000_1064.jpg

000_1062.jpg

Close up,
000_1063.jpg

They do seem to shoot good! I took it all the way up to 120gr and it shrunk even more! I hope to try 100 yards tomorrow.

FG, not to get off the subject of the Wolf, but do you know how the Powerbelts are going to perform with BH209 on impact? Just wondering if I should try to keep my loads at 90g and below.

That's a great group FG
How do you like the rest?
Did it come with the lead bag?

If i use powerbelts for hunting season, i'll use my INSERT IGNORE with them, then i shouldnt have any trouble with the high powder loads.

Sax, it did come with the lead bag but i have not filled it up, really no need to as the rest itself weighs a ton LOL. I love the rest though, its a great tool to have.

frontier gander said:
If i use powerbelts for hunting season, i'll use my INSERT IGNORE with them, then i shouldnt have any trouble with the high powder loads.

Sax, it did come with the lead bag but i have not filled it up, really no need to as the rest itself weighs a ton LOL. I love the rest though, its a great tool to have.

The biggest complaint I have about the lead sled is the front rest part.
I don't like all the play in the front.Seems like yours would be eaiseier to adjust.

john keyes said:
hey dude is it a screw in breech plug?

Yes this one has the quick release breech plug.

Sax, the control arm is great on the FCX! 5' of adjustment at 100 yards.

frontier gander said:
john keyes said:
hey dude is it a screw in breech plug?

Yes this one has the quick release breech plug.

Sax, the control arm is great on the FCX! 5' of adjustment at 100 yards.

I have to set mine to the left of where I am shooting because when I tighten the front rest it moves several inches on the target.I don't like to have to use Kentucky windage with a rest.

How is the trigger on the wolf? I do like the lines, I ordered the optima this year from cabelas, but after 12 weeks of waiting, I decided I needed a reloading set instead...now I think I should have waited on the optima...

trigger on the wolf again is excellent. no creep, no grit. CVA has really done an excellent job on their triggers, i think they now know that a good trigger makes the customer happy.

Latest posts

Back