Do Dogs Go To Heaven?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muley Hunter

Reaction score
Rainbow Bridge

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
                                           Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together

Pete we all have soft spots for our kids. Thank you for reminding us.

We have three of our kids at Rainbow Bridge, our latest was a peach of a little girl.

Chloe was a very special little girl, when we found her she was very sick even at just a couple months old. Karen saw her and just couldn't leave her no matter what the cost. We spent weeks bringing her back to good health, then noticed her rear legs would pop out of joint resulting in operations to repair the problem. Healed once again, still wagging her tail, she never complained about her discomfort in correcting poor breeding issues. Over 11 years she was always happy, people that met her would remark how Chloe would wag her tail when meeting them or how she was always smiling. We had 11 wonderful years with our daughter.

This little dog was full of love like no other, she would wait for me to come home from work, Karen would yell "Dad's Home" and she would run as fast as she could to meet me every time. I have shoveled miles of paths in bad winter storms for her to use to go to the bathroom. She refused to use the "Pee-Pee Pads" and didn't like anything touching her belly when going to the pot, yet would chase me in the snow when it was over her head. I have taken falls to prevent stepping on her, even got bit by a large mixed breed dog, he tried to grab Chloe and I stuck my arm in his face. Have sold some very nice original antique flintlock firearms to cover operation costs when needed, didn't matter it was for Chloe. We try and talk about the funny things she would do to try and get me to chase her, like pulling the grass out and dropping it on my feet or grabbing something you were using and run with it while looking over her back to see if I was following. She loved to ride in the truck, with all her toys, bed, blankets, water and food there was hardly room for us to get in, that was fine it was for the kid.

She was always there for us. Once I had fallen face first on a tile floor knocking myself out. I woke hearing the garage door open when Karen came home after not being able to reach me for this period. Then I realized that Chloe was licking my face, I had been out for over several hours. Chloe stayed by my side helping me through that event, just one of many. What a special little girl.

Times like mentioned will always be with us and probably making it hard to let go. We both agree with Will Rogers stated "if dogs don't go to heaven then when I die I want to go with the dogs".

Amend

God Bless you Miss Chloe Catherine Conner and please wait for me I'll follow shortly.

We love you.

Friends Forever.

A man and his dog were walking along a road. The man was enjoying the scenery, when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead. He remembered dying, and that the dog walking beside him had been dead for years. He wondered where the road was leading them.

After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall along one side of the road. It looked like fine marble. At the top of a long hill, it was broken by a tall arch that glowed in the sunlight. When he was standing before it, he saw a magnificent gate in the arch that looked like mother-of-pearl, and the street that led to the gate looked like pure gold.

He and his dog walked toward the gate, and as he got closer, he saw a man at a desk to one side. When he was close enough, he called out, 'Excuse me, where are we?'

'This is Heaven, sir,' the man answered.

'Wow! Would you happen to have some water?' the man asked.

'Of course, sir. Come right in, and I'll have some ice water brought right up.'

The man gestured, and the gate began to open.

'Can my friend,' gesturing toward his dog, 'come in, too?' the traveler asked.

'I'm sorry, sir, but we don't accept pets.'

The man thought a moment and then turned back toward the road and continued the way he had been going with his dog. After another long walk, and at the top of another long hill, he came to a dirt road leading through a farm gate that looked as if it had never been closed. There was no fence.

As he approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book....

'Excuse me!' he called to the man. 'Do you have any water?'

'Yeah, sure, there's a pump over there, come on in.'

'How about my friend here?' the traveler gestured to his dog.

'There should be a bowl by the pump,' said the man.

They went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old-fashioned hand pump with a bowl beside it.. The traveler filled the water bowl and took a long drink himself, then he gave some to the dog.

When they were full, he and the dog walked back toward the man who was standing by the tree. 'What do you call this place?' the traveler asked.

'This is Heaven,' he answered.

'Well, that's confusing,' the traveler said. 'The man down the road said that was Heaven, too.'

'Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and pearly gates? Nope. That's hell.'

'Doesn't it make you mad for them to use your name like that?'

'No, we're just happy that they screen out the folks who would leave their best friends behind.'

AMEN

Last edited:
Very nice Buck.

I've had my dog named Buddy for 10 years now. He's my whole family. Everyone else is gone. Me and Bud do everything together. I can't stand to think of the day he's gone.

wow buddy is already 10 years! Bubba just turned 5 at the beginning of the year.

My Son asked if I wanted to take care of his Dog while his House Sold and he bought another? Ok.

Two years later told him I was bringing his Dog back. Daughter in Law said I bring the Dog back it was going to the Pound. I told them forget it I'll keep the Dog.

About year later my Son said soon as he got a Fence up he would come for the Dog. Told him forget it I'm keeping the Dog.

I'm his. He gets up in the morning, says Prayers and at night is by me Standing Guard.

oneshot

We have had large dogs to small ones, males and females, never had any problems with them biting, guess we have been lucky.  

My accountant is a dog lover telling us the large amounts of money spent each year on the pets (not a deduction on your taxes).  I let her tell us how clients try and take off the vet bills or special medications. 

I let her go one about this for a while then tell her.  "Boy I'm glad we got our kids social security numbers when they were young." She'll sit there for a moment to let what was said sink in then comes out with "can't you ever be serious" then grubles something.....

OldMtnMan said:
Rainbow Bridge

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together[/size]
DAMN YOU Pete !!!
Now I'm cryin' like a baby. GOD... I miss my Miniature Schnauzer, Shannon!!
I truly hope all you say is factual. I Loved our dog so much!!! It still kills me to miss her, and that was 1995.
I've heard sooo many different theories on the death and after life of pets, and a lot of them are not so "Heavenly?" Thank you for helping me get through this again. I know it was a looong time ago, but it still seems like just yesterday when I think about her.
Thanks you very much for this.
God bless:
Stoney

I didn't write it Stoney. I also cried when I read it and thinking about losing my Buddy.

OldMtnMan said:
I didn't write it Stoney. I also cried when I read it and thinking about losing my Buddy.
Either way it's beautiful, thank you. The world needs more of this kind of spiritual news, and NOT all the crap about the fighting in our government all the time. I; for one, am sick of it!!
Thank you again my friend.
God bless:
Stoney

Rainbow Bridge Donations are made every month. We make our donations in our Guardians and visitors name from revenue generated. Donations are selected randomly from our database of shelters/rescues.

Each $100 we are able to donate provides 395 meals for abandoned dogs or 484 meals for cats at a Shelter/Rescue. And yes, we also provide meals for horses, reptiles, fish, small mammals and just about any other animal rescue there is.

Dog Food
46lb. bag - $23.00 average / 4.3 bags per $100.00
3164.8 OZ @ 1/2 lb per dog (30lb) per day = 395.6 servings

Cat Food
22lb. bag - $18.00 average / 5.5 bags per $100.00
1936 oz. @ 1/4 lb. per day per cat (10lb) per day = 484 servings

Donation amounts and the number of shelters/rescues donated to each month is based on the revenue generated.

Wish I could get Bud's food that cheap. I pay $43 for a 24lb bag. Then I have to add hard boiled eggs and steak or he won't eat it. He's a fussy boy but I don't mind. I want him happy and healthy.

sorry, didn't mean to add to a thread this old, but thought this may interest some, and not some..... Do dogs go to heaven (or do animals have souls?) If you are so inclined, read Job chapter 12, verse 10. And do not use the NIV, use the King James or old Hebrew text where this all comes from anyhow. Also Genesis 1, verse 24. There are others.

I'm a Christian and know the Bible.

We can still hope. You don't know unless you've been there.

I hope to meet biscuit on the other side

15 years together, she's Been gone 15 months. Her last day

Attachments

• IMG_20181020_192305202.jpg
    IMG_20181020_192305202.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20181019_123645049.jpg
    IMG_20181019_123645049.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 6
I hope to meet biscuit on the other side

15 years together, she's Been gone 15 months. Her last day
It was difficult for me to build up the courage to pull up the photos of Biscuit. When we lost one of ours, I left a mound of tissues on the vet's counter top.
Ron

I don't think I would be interested in a heaven iffen there was no place for my horses and dogs waiting there for me and mine. My old Dad was of the same opinion, guess I might be lucky and see him on his old horse with all his dogs.

Back