Knight Disc-BH209

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elkslayer53

Reaction score
I have a friend that just picked up a nice older Knight DISC rifle that uses the orange discs. I was just wondering if he can use BH209 in it? I know it has something to do with the breech plug but not exactly sure what to look for. Thanks.

Shane

My main M-L is the older Knight that uses the orange DISCs. I have shot B209 in it last year & gearing up this year. I use all stock BP, bolt & all. I have never yet had a hang fire, or no fire with 209. Just remember to keep things clean, & dry before shooting. I also make sure the BP hole is fully cleaned by running a welding tip cleaner through the hole.

Yes, fire away.

The gun can be upgrade by purchasing the DISC Extreme Conversion Kit that utilizes the red FPJs. The NFPJ breechplug can also be used with the new bolt assembly. All of your options are covered at this point. The FPJ and NFPJ are a much better set-up that the original orange DISC. JMO.

My original orange disc rifle shoots BH209 everytime with no modifactions at all.

You don't need to buy $hit. That original disc will shoot what BP or BP sub you load (and extremely well).

Latest posts

Back