Bird down

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batchief909

Reaction score
Not a monster by any means,,,,but he's my first. This stuff is addicting!!

jeffturk.jpg

jeffturk3.jpg

Nothing wrong with that bird... that's a nice tom. Congratulations. I swear people think deer hunting is addictive, then they turkey hunt and they find a whole new passion. Way to go Bat. What kind of weapon did you use?

When turkey first moved into the area I lived in southern Wisconsin, before there was a season, I was out talking to them. I enjoy the calling of them as much as the shooting. Now the birds are around my place in the north, and I have been out scouting roads around the house to see if they are moving so I can plan my attack for the upcoming season.

Thanks guys! (like I need another hobby)

Dave,,I used an 870 SPS-T 12ga. shooting Hevi-13s,,3.5 inch shells, 2.25oz. of #6s thru an Indian Creek Black Diamond Strike tube (.665). Shot was about 15 yards. He didn't know what hit him... :lol:

After my bird was down,,we relocated and then cut the fan off my bird to use in the Pretty Boy decoy. The one they sell with the decoy is pretty lame. Still have the fan drying out now,,so no loss.

From one ol bird to another ......

Congrats Bat!!! Every ones a trophy in my book...

Don't forget to run a couple of beads of silicone across the lower portion of the fan to hold it open and in place. Be generous with the silicone. 8)

Spitpatch said:
From one ol bird to another ......

Congrats Bat!!! Every ones a trophy in my book...

Don't forget to run a couple of beads of silicone across the lower portion of the fan to hold it open and in place. Be generous with the silicone. 8)

Thanks again fellas... :wink:

Spit,,,,didja ever notice a trend amongst some of these younger huntin' buddies tryin' ta kill ya..??!! :lol: :lol: :wink:

Way to go Jeff! Turkey hunting is AWESOME! It's funny....I almost ALWAYS pattern shotguns at 30-40yds and most shots are 10-20yds! :D

Nice bird Bat! I always hate to see the turkey season end... it's a special time of year.

Yes, it is very addicting!

To help dry that tail out, you might want to debone and defat it. Even if you don't, go get some Twenty Mule Team borax from the laundry detergent section of the local store and cover the meaty portion of the tail with that for a few weeks. It will keep it the tail from rotting. I use it on my fans when mounting them for display.

Latest posts

Back