What brand #11 and Musket Cap

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never had problems with CCI or Remington, but given a choice, I'll take RWS. RWS is all I have shot for a few years now.

I have been using Remington #11 (factory code x22619 on packaging) in one of my Knight Mk 85's. I use 100 grains of loose 777 ffg. It has ignited every time. I just used it last week in Iowa and the temp. varied from about 10 below to 20 above. I use the same combination here in Florida where temps get between about 35 to 90 degrees.

paia said:
I've never had problems with CCI or Remington, but given a choice, I'll take RWS. RWS is all I have shot for a few years now.
Where do you buy the RWS?

RWS 1075's are the best IMO. Midsouth Shooters supply has them. Just be aware they are alot more expensive than CCI's.

I usually go down to the NMLRA spring shoot in Friendship, IN to get my caps and powder.

I would never use a 1000 of them, wonder if I could find someone to split a case? Hell It probably would take 20 years to use 500 of them!!!

barkbuster said:
Billyzink,
i will send you some to try if you pm me your address as i don't know if i still have it.
I sent you my addy, Probably not neccessary to send me any though, i will need to buy some anyway, unless you have a lot of them and want to sell a few hundred?

barkbuster

Be careful if you mail them - there is one big fine if ya get caught shipping an explosive without hazmat notices...

Actually, most of the caps are probably fine depending on the size of the nipple. Seems that #11 isn't exactly the same from one mfg to another. On my Lyman rifles, the RWS caps dont fit properly and often require 2 drops of the hammer to fire. This can be corrected by changing the nipple or sanding/filing down the nipple slightly for a better fit, however Remington and CCI caps fit and fire fine.

mrlnfshr1 said:
Actually, most of the caps are probably fine depending on the size of the nipple. Seems that #11 isn't exactly the same from one mfg to another. On my Lyman rifles, the RWS caps dont fit properly and often require 2 drops of the hammer to fire. This can be corrected by changing the nipple or sanding/filing down the nipple slightly for a better fit, however Remington and CCI caps fit and fire fine.
Knight Nipple

Latest posts

Back