Knight Rifles

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyzink

Reaction score
Talked to Knight today to order a few things, was going to order a conversion kit and they told me to hold off, something new in the works 8) , said to call back in a few weeks :? Anyone heard anything?

somthing new in the works at knight?
that puts a smile on my face :lol: .....karl

I ordered the non FPJ conversion for my disk extreme shortly after christmas. The status on their website is still "in process". I wonder what that means.

Had something to do with a new breech plug they were coming out with but the guy was very vague.

I contacted Green Mountain today to see if they could include the diskless conversion and case with my rifle.

I got the feeling from our talk that Knight may have something on the burner. They basically said that they couldnt help with the conversion but Knight might have something new soon. They couldnt get any of the old conversions.

My guess is a conversion based on the "stemmed" plug they offered for loose powder but shorter and more BH209 friendly. The original didnt work with BH209 but rocked with T7 and other subs.

Or a vent liner type.

It would be hard to beat the reliability of the old concave FPJ breach plug on BH209. The only reason I ordered the conversion is so I don't have to waste time trying to find the kit when the plastic jackets are no longer available.

maybe its the Lehigh breech plug thats supposed to turn knight around even though the BP never was the problem? :lol:

billyzink

It might be the breech plug that was designed for the Ultimate Slam that was not able to make it to the market place.

sabotloader said:
billyzink

It might be the breech plug that was designed for the Ultimate Slam that was not able to make it to the market place.

Ahhhhh i forgot about that one!

sabotloader said:
billyzink

Oh man would that be sweet. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

The Extreme standard plug has been listed as one of the best if not the best for BH209.

This is a pic of a modified Knight Extreme design breach plug. The powder side is open up a bit and a couple other slight changes.

Top is a factory and below is a drawing.

Standard
Knight_Std_BP.jpg

And below is the diagram

http://www.hpmuzzleloading.com/Technical6.html

Maybe the new non FPJ kit will have some of these changes. The powder side is opened up quite a bit.

NM i found the Slam BP pic its not stemmed one i saw.

One on the right
EUS-DE_BP_Comp_-_Web.jpg

One on the left
Knight_BP_Front_Contours.jpg

Side view of the carrier of the Slam non FPJ version.
EUS_Bolt_w-primer.jpg

I can only hope. :D

Just speculating here....
I have not been in contact with anyone....but, could it be that the Ultimate Slam B Plug AND its Bolt as a conversion for your older rifles.
That would be kooooool and an after market product for Pradco to sell.
After all the market is out there and waiting thanks to Tony.

I held that rifle in my own grubby little hands and it was every thing I thought it would be, and BH friendly by design!

I was thinking of the power stem that was offered with the 52cal Extreme. I know it wasnt BH209 friendly but did work really well with T7.

I forgot about the Ultimate Slam till it was mentioned. Its a total shame it never made it. I did ask Green Mountain if they planned on producing it or the LRH and was told no.

Its not over, I some how get the feeling that in a year or 18 months we just might get a big suprise from them. Lee

knight breach plug

I have a KRB7 , this gun comes with the newer domed plug. BH 209 will deffinatly not ignite properly. I had it modified by putting the lehigh vent liner in it. No more hesitation, it shot fine, but still gets terrible blow back.

I was on the phone with them and the guy I was talking to said he didn't know anything about any news..."they havent told us any thing other than there a couple of groups interested in the company"

Back