Display case

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is really well done!
I have an old silverware case like that, but my partitions did not stay in place. How did you construct and attach the partitions?
Thanks,
Ron

That is really well done!
I have an old silverware case like that, but my partitions did not stay in place. How did you construct and attach the partitions?
Thanks,
Ron
My wife, Jo did this, Ron. She used balsa wood for the dividers, covered them, using hot glue to hold the material, then hot glued them in place, making sure they were tight against each other. Hope this helps.

My wife, Jo did this, Ron. She used balsa wood for the dividers, covered them, using hot glue to hold the material, then hot glued them in place, making sure they were tight against each other. Hope this helps.
does the hot glue/gun work better or just as good as say, epoxy? I have couple of like projects to finish and never used a hot glue gun but my grand daughter uses one for sticking stuff on dresses etc.......

does the hot glue/gun work better or just as good as say, epoxy? I have couple of like projects to finish and never used a hot glue gun but my grand daughter uses one for sticking stuff on dresses etc.......
The reason Jo uses hot glue, Ron, is because it sticks (dries)quicker and if you make a mistake, you can pull up the divider and peel off the hot glue and re-position your divider, even after it dries.

Thank you!
Ron
You're welcome, Ron. If you have any more questions about your case, please give me a holler. I don't claim to have made the perfect display case, I just know what seemed to work for me.

unclelevi
I have 3 of those cases, all different, to make presentation cases out of. Anyone else got photos of theirs?
DL

This is a display case my wife Jo, and I made out of an old silverware case we got at a garage sale.View attachment 1771
That looks like a Buck Taylor peice on the lid. I have used the silveware boxes myself buying them from antique shops when i see them.You wife did a reall good job on those partitions

Attachments

• 36233418_10216863858578442_7606147812882907136_o.jpg
    36233418_10216863858578442_7606147812882907136_o.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 15
That looks like a Buck Taylor peice on the lid. I have used the silveware boxes myself buying them from antique shops when i see them.You wife did a reall good job on those partitions
I don't remember where I got that, Sonny. I just like it a lot. Jo will appreciate the compliment. Thank you.

Have met and talked to Buck Tayler when he sets up at the Tulsa Gun show. What a great person. For such a short guy, he stands pretty darn tall in my estimation. Bought several of his works.

Have met and talked to Buck Tayler when he sets up at the Tulsa Gun show. What a great person. For such a short guy, he stands pretty darn tall in my estimation. Bought several of his works.
WOW ! What an honor !

My display of my 1942 Springfield Arms M1 Garand, manufactured Nov 1942, As Jon would say not a muzzie, Fred, but still history. Long time no speak to you folks. Stay safe.

Attachments

• DSC02249.JPG
    DSC02249.JPG
    274.1 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC02247.JPG
    DSC02247.JPG
    267.2 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC02248.JPG
    DSC02248.JPG
    283.6 KB · Views: 11
  • m1 021.jpg
    m1 021.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 16
  • m1 029.jpg
    m1 029.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 17
  • m1 030.jpg
    m1 030.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 16
  • m1 020.jpg
    m1 020.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 11
  • m1 022.jpg
    m1 022.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 11
  • M1 GARAND 201.jpg
    M1 GARAND 201.jpg
    361.9 KB · Views: 11
Buck Taylor's dad, Dub Taylor, was always one of my favorite character actors. Dub also had a connection to my native Georgia.

Buck has a facebook page he will answer ever now and then. I had put in a flag pole with new flag with a light that shines down at night. I posted a picture once and he wrote me how much he liked it. He is in Fort Worth a lot my kids live east of Dallas. Forney, Texas..

My display of my 1942 Springfield Arms M1 Garand, manufactured Nov 1942, As Jon would say not a muzzie, Fred, but still history. Long time no speak to you folks. Stay safe.
Wow...you even have the bayonet!
Do you ever take it to the range to experience history ?

Oh yes, That 30-06 still rocks ya. I carried one in basic training, qualified expert. I replaced the barrel but still have the WWII/Korean conflict barrel.

Never fired the Garand. I fired expert with its cousin the M14/308 and i loved it.
DL

Latest posts

Back