Quantcast

Display case

Help Support Frontier Muzzle Loading:

RonC

FML Supporter
That is really well done!
I have an old silverware case like that, but my partitions did not stay in place. How did you construct and attach the partitions?
Thanks,
Ron

unclelevi

That is really well done!
I have an old silverware case like that, but my partitions did not stay in place. How did you construct and attach the partitions?
Thanks,
Ron
My wife, Jo did this, Ron. She used balsa wood for the dividers, covered them, using hot glue to hold the material, then hot glued them in place, making sure they were tight against each other. Hope this helps.

drax05

FML Supporter
My wife, Jo did this, Ron. She used balsa wood for the dividers, covered them, using hot glue to hold the material, then hot glued them in place, making sure they were tight against each other. Hope this helps.
does the hot glue/gun work better or just as good as say, epoxy? I have couple of like projects to finish and never used a hot glue gun but my grand daughter uses one for sticking stuff on dresses etc.......

unclelevi

does the hot glue/gun work better or just as good as say, epoxy? I have couple of like projects to finish and never used a hot glue gun but my grand daughter uses one for sticking stuff on dresses etc.......
The reason Jo uses hot glue, Ron, is because it sticks (dries)quicker and if you make a mistake, you can pull up the divider and peel off the hot glue and re-position your divider, even after it dries.

unclelevi

Thank you!
Ron
You're welcome, Ron. If you have any more questions about your case, please give me a holler. I don't claim to have made the perfect display case, I just know what seemed to work for me.

Sonny Rich

This is a display case my wife Jo, and I made out of an old silverware case we got at a garage sale.View attachment 1771
That looks like a Buck Taylor peice on the lid. I have used the silveware boxes myself buying them from antique shops when i see them.You wife did a reall good job on those partitions

Attachments

unclelevi

That looks like a Buck Taylor peice on the lid. I have used the silveware boxes myself buying them from antique shops when i see them.You wife did a reall good job on those partitions
I don't remember where I got that, Sonny. I just like it a lot. Jo will appreciate the compliment. Thank you.

drax05

FML Supporter
Have met and talked to Buck Tayler when he sets up at the Tulsa Gun show. What a great person. For such a short guy, he stands pretty darn tall in my estimation. Bought several of his works.

unclelevi

Have met and talked to Buck Tayler when he sets up at the Tulsa Gun show. What a great person. For such a short guy, he stands pretty darn tall in my estimation. Bought several of his works.
WOW ! What an honor !

org57

My display of my 1942 Springfield Arms M1 Garand, manufactured Nov 1942, As Jon would say not a muzzie, Fred, but still history. Long time no speak to you folks. Stay safe.

Attachments

Hanshi

Buck Taylor's dad, Dub Taylor, was always one of my favorite character actors. Dub also had a connection to my native Georgia.

Sonny Rich

Buck has a facebook page he will answer ever now and then. I had put in a flag pole with new flag with a light that shines down at night. I posted a picture once and he wrote me how much he liked it. He is in Fort Worth a lot my kids live east of Dallas. Forney, Texas..

Marty

My display of my 1942 Springfield Arms M1 Garand, manufactured Nov 1942, As Jon would say not a muzzie, Fred, but still history. Long time no speak to you folks. Stay safe.
Wow...you even have the bayonet!
Do you ever take it to the range to experience history ?

org57

Oh yes, That 30-06 still rocks ya. I carried one in basic training, qualified expert. I replaced the barrel but still have the WWII/Korean conflict barrel.

Latest posts