Those of you using SR-4759...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big6x6

Reaction score
Hey! I would appreciate what bullet and what powder weight you are using! I would also appreciate some velocity numbers for those that have chronographs...

Thanks a BUNCH!

big6x6 said:
Hey! I would appreciate what bullet and what powder weight you are using! I would also appreciate some velocity numbers for those that have chronographs...

Thanks a BUNCH!

IMR SR 4759 w/ Savage 10ml-II

- 45 gr 250 Hornady .452" SST 2330 fps w/black MMP sabot

- 43 gr 300 Hornady .452" SST 2225 fps w/black MMP sabot

.........................................................G?rald................................./

4759 varies.

The only suggestion I can give is start out at 39 grains or so first, and save yourself some time. Like N110, it is better with 250 gr. bullets than 300 gr. class bullets.

Ditto. 43 grains under 250 SST and win primer

Ditto again
43 grains 250SST shoots great ,never speed checked it
Ken

44 gr w/250 TC Blem. 2250 fps, but that's with a ML-I. MMP Short sabot w/Wonder Wad (it makes loading the next shot so much easier!)

Blue-Dot-37.5

My gun shot the best groups with 4759 at 2275 fps. the only problem I had was that to keep the speed the same I had to go up or down 1gr to keep the same when I changed cans. 3 different cans with 3 different speed at same charge weights.

IMO 4759 is the best recommended powder for 250 gr bullets. The only thing was I had to chrono to keep groups POI the same and moa.

Thanks for the replies gents! I have 40gr AND 42gr weighed for hopefully a trip to the range... I guess grain for grain it seems to give a tad less velocity than N-110....

Latest posts

Back