BH209 and Knight FPJ

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToddRinMI

Reaction score
According to the sticky about BH and recommended rifles, it states that Knights without the FPJ breech plug are good to use. Does this mean that the FPJ will not work with BH? I happen to like the FPJ (probably in the minority on that one). I currently use 777 with the FPJ with great success.

I have a knight LRH with both systems. It seems to work well with either. The FPJ version has a better breechplug, so in theory, it should work better than the NFPJ, but it seems to work well with both.

I have used both - I prefer the FPJ for hunting and the non-fpj for the range. Both work great with CCI209m primers.

ToddRinMI

To match up with the requirements that Western Powders has set for shooting BH... possibly and probably the NFPJ is the better of the two options, because they want you to use a closed system.

I have use the FPJ with all of my shooting of BH, which is limited because I still shoot T7 as my primary powder. I have even shot BH with used red plastic jackets and never had a problem. Just remember to use hot primers and to clean the flash channel now and then.

Ok good to know. I've always used CCI 209M primers which I know is what is recommended by BH. I figured it's about time I give this stuff I try with all of the good things being said about the it.

I use the Federal 209A primers and the FPJ with BH209. Works great. I'll have to try the CCI's one of these days.

Had hang fires with the Remington STS's. It always fired but there were noticable and variable delays between the primer going off and the powder firing.

Back