my Knight LRH day at the range

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sagebrush

Reaction score
Went to the range today and tried out some differenent sabots with the Barnes tmz 250 grn bullets, all I had to try out were the HPH12/HPH24 sabots. Of the two, one of the other was to small and the other would shoot but I could not get a group with them. The reason behind this is that the Barnes sabots are a pain to load in my rifle. Just trying to make life a little easier, I have some harvester sabots on order for boat tail bullets. Hopefully they will provide me a different outcome.

the round pasties are from trying to get the barnes to shoots as you can see not so good.

the two tagets with the black circles are from the barnes bullets. I probley could have cut back on the powder charge, but I need a load that will go out to 200 yards without much drop in it. I have to use open sights where I live or a 1x power scope (which is not going to happen) open sights is better. all targets are with open sights using a six o' clock hold.
kinda hard with a round front bead sight. I would rather have a blade sight for this.

so this first taget is with the hornady SST bullets they shoot pretty good seeing how I had to swap out the sabots due to the fit in my rifle.

100_0943.jpg

second target dead center 300 grn w/120 grns T7
100_0944.jpg

third target dead center 300 grn w/120 BH 209
100_0941.jpg

fourth target dead center 340 grn w/120grns BH 209
100_0942.jpg

thanks guys, hopfully I'll be able to connect on an elk this fall. :D it will be my first with a muzzle loader.

What is wrong with a good 1X scope? The way that you shoot with open sights it most likely does not seem to matter.

jsteurrys said:
What is wrong with a good 1X scope? The way that you shoot with open sights it most likely does not seem to matter.

I have looked though a couple before do not remember which brand, any ways it made the object look farther away.

I have the Omega 3x9 but can not use it for the muzzle loader season here but I can on any other hunt. so for now until the laws change around here. open sights
have to work.

That is some great shooting, there.

You have a great rifle for long range shooting... 8)

Put a scope on that punk, and lets see what she'll do!! :lol:

WOW that is some REALLY good shooting with open sights! That LRH is shooting great!

Latest posts

Back