Did a little Casting this morning

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hylander

Reaction score
Needed to try out the new pot.
Just a trial run to make sure things were working right.
Some .454, .490 and .495 RB and just a few T/C 345gr. Bullets.
This LEE pot works great, love using a bottom dump.
One thing I have found with the LEE molds is not to follow the directions concerning smoking the molds.
All that does is make dropping the balls from the mold harder and also to much smoke and the balls get funky lines in them
and they drop smaller.
I just clean them with Acetone before the first use and the balls drop right out and proper size.

49514059418_12798d8027_c.jpg

YUP I have got to get my casting transmission out of park, .50 round ball .451 round ball, and the LEE REAL .50 cal 320 grain bustin my back/fingers burning all kind of midnight oil trying to find a .490 or .495 round ball- at a decent price, say $30 and under, forgettaboutit, Lee real bullet fills that hole for $36 shipped to me E-Bay bidding for .490 or .495 like $89 plus $20 ship, you want it for that, you all can have it.

I`ll tell ya where searched WITH positive results Titan, Gun Works & Dixie, I had to loosen some of MY RESOLVE, had to grab a single .451 round ball, Double Lee R.E.A.L over a .490/.495 round ball & Double .500 round ball for now it beats pulling my eyes out over the needless mark-up prices on second hand molds, nothing wrong $40 out the door, But eh $97 and $23 shipping NAH I just aint feeling it.

TITAN RELOADING IS KILLER,I have dealt with them for years & as stated they have all LEE PRODUCTS, at great and below LEE ENGERNIERING prices..

TITAN RELOADING IS KILLER,I have dealt with them for years & as stated they have all LEE PRODUCTS, at great and below LEE ENGERNIERING prices..
OOOH YES as I have but these times of fear, where every thing is sucked off shelves at regular price and resold at 4 times the price, things can be difficult to get/find. Titan they had some 6.5 Japanese stuff no one else had, SOOOO yeah TITAN AWESOME no doubt, and LEE I cut my teeth with a challenger kit, got a lee 3 hole, use challenger solely for rifle. so TOOT yes SIR TITAN, GUN WORKS & DIXIE GUN WORKS are my go to, may take weeks/months for stock to come in, but yes when it does may not be $28 I remember maybe $36-$39 still less than the greedy B!t#h on E-bay/flea bay or any other second hand site. Case point .495 double cav round ball $97 PLUS $23 shipping from an e-bay seller......Nah TOOT that price it will sit right where it is at.

Back