DEER HAULER

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardcorp

Reaction score
what do you use to carry out the game that you have shot ..narrow trails where your JEEP can't pass ..we have some trails that no vehicle can pass and are 5 to 6 miles long ,so we eliminate a lot of hunters ..the atv is very hard to beat ..

photo010.jpg

I usually drag my deer to where i can get a vehicle. I hunt private property so I don't worry about other hunters so never really had to go that far.

The property owner where I mainly hunt has a Gator and a Jeep. I try to shoot em where I do not have to drag. :shock:

I dress and debone it where I killed it. Much easier to haul out just the meat.

No ATV allowed where I hunt.

ATV's are not allowed in most areas I hunt, so here's the next best thing for me.
CopyofIMG_0334.jpg

Once the deer is on this cart, I stack my gear on it and wheel-it-all-out with one hand. :D
It folds down too which makes for easy storing in your vehicle.
CopyofIMG_0338.jpg

It was $$$ well-spent when I turned 50, and it's great on gas too...will run all day on only two sandwiches :!: :lol!:

Marty said:
ATV's are not allowed in most areas I hunt, so here's the next best thing for me.

Once the deer is on this cart, I stack my gear on it and wheel-it-all-out with one hand. :D

It was $$$ well-spent when I turned 50, and it's great on gas too...will run all day on only two sandwiches :!: :lol!:
thats a nice cart . who makes it ? and price if you don't mind

love the ATV for getting me closer to my hunting area. That cart Marty pictured would be a life saver in areas i hunt! Dragging dead weight by his antlers is a killer on your legs and lower back. Well worth the $$$ for that cart.

leserz said:
Marty said:
thats a nice cart . who makes it ? and price if you don't mind
I bought this one at Cabelas (not sure of the brand name...perhaps their own). A few years back I paid around $85 for it on sale. This particular one was rated to carry 300 lbs. It was called the "MAG Hunter". Cabelas now sells a similar one, but they call it the "SUPER MAG HUNTER" and rated at 550 lbs. I think the SUPER model is the same one I have except it has double wheels on each side. That one now sells for $159.00. Unless you plan on hauling game over 300 lbs, the 4 wheels are overkill and just add extra weight to the cart.

The one I have is very sturdy and well constructed. The wheels are large enough to give it ground clearance over most terrain, and I also like the washable blanket material that comes with it. It keeps things from falling off.

It's a real back saver and will keep you from bursting your heart :!: I should of got one when I was 35.

I've got a cart too and it is very helpful. I think I bought mine at scheels for about the same price Marty paid @ cabelas. Mine is all metal powder coated with two nice sized solid wheels. Rated for around 300 which is fine for my whitetail hunting.
Well worth it.

Marty, funny yours runs on sandwiches. Mine runs on jerky and string cheese. :D

In a pinch, we use kid's plastic tobaggans too. obviously more limited in application but will work great in the right situation.

Jono

Marty, I wish mine had the canvas but rolling is way easier than dragging . I had one for years that was made out of an old ladder that I shortened and added wheels and a handle too ......got a lot of funny looks for that one....

Marty, Do you leave your hauler in your vehicle or take it to the stand. I always leave mine but was wondering if it would be better to take it to my stand.
Thanks Dale

Redrider93 said:
Marty, Do you leave your hauler in your vehicle or take it to the stand. I always leave mine but was wondering if it would be better to take it to my stand.
Thanks Dale
I only still hunt, so I leave it in my vehicle.

some of my private lands are small but the state land i hunt does not allow motorized vehicles.

i also use a hauler on state land. not as nice as marty's but similar design. i should say that i have access to a hauler just like marty's if i need it! LOL

You sure do bobbythehunter! I'm only a phone call away to haul it away : :)

We have snow on the ground for most of the deer season, so I used a plastic kids toboggan (recently upgraded to a calf-hauling sled). I leave the sled in my truck, rather than taking it to the stand ... It's just not worth it for so many empty trips :lol:

I use a Hitch Haul. Several years ago I found a kit (Sportsmans Guide) to add wheels and a handle to the Hitch Haul. Works out great for me.

In Missouri we can not do as COLORADO stated. A deer must remain whole (can't even remove the head) until the animal is out of the field AND checked in electronically. Then the number you receive via check in must be recorded on the temporary tag. And believe me, I have been stopped MANY times on my way home by the County Sheriff or Conservation Agents. If you have the deer tagged (temp), they -on the spot- issue you a number. If animal is not whole or does not have a temp tag on it, the animal is seized and you get a summons to appear before the County Judge.
I totally support that method. The only part I wish we would also do is seize not only the deer but also the firearms and all vehicles (car / truck/ ATV/ etc) involved. Then sell it at public auction with ALL proceeds forwarded to the Conservation Department (our version of Fish & Game).

I use a Kubota RTV500 4x4 on the hunting club land, a Honda 110 3 wheeler over at the river camp (can float it across the sloughs), and good old fashioned tie the legs together and on the shoulders walk out method where I can't get the Kubota in at. Now if we had 250+ pound deer or elk to deal with, I would find a better method but I can still carry a 150 pound deer for a long ways before I have to stop. I guess when the back and knees go I will have to find a better way.

Daman

Well my nephew is my go to dragger but, we use 4 wheelers once we get a deer to a point, we can get the 4 wheeler to. some of the hills and hollars are a little to steep for them...

Daman,

When I was your age getting a deer out of the woods was a piece of cake. It was nothing more than a sweaty, tiring task... neutralized with a good night's sleep. :sleep: :D

As you get older the task will surely be more challenging, but as you read through this POST it's still a very, do-able undertaking. Where there's a will there's a way.

Marty, no doubt I will have to change my ways eventually. I can't say I enjoy packing out a 150+ pound buck that hangs on every twig you walk by and snatches you around. I do however like that I can kill a deer and tote it to a generic parking spot and no one in the club have any idea where exactly I killed that deer. Sure they have the gunshot to go by, but they don't know where my ladder or blind actually is! :D :lol!: 8)

Back