Rocky mountain ( looks like a white)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontier gander

Reaction score
i went to a guys house lastnight to look at a muzzleloader he has. Hes a professional gunsmith and does everything you can think of. These muzzleloaders are made in Raton new mexico and use 4140 chrome molly steel barrels and the actions look exactly like what the white rifle uses. The trigger on this one was under 2lbs no grit no slop. Laminated stock too from the looks of it. Great handling rifle. Sadly this was .45cal and i need a 50cal minimum in colorado.

He said 150gr RS loose or 150gr 2f T7 loose. Hes been shooting it with 130gr RS and i forget, either a 430 or 530gr Powerstar conical.

Its a pretty sharp rifle though. Hes asking $275 shipped if any one is interested. Im leaving new mexico later this evening so if i get any word on here about some interest i will see if he will let me take it home so i can take pictures of it for any of you.

I have a .451 Super 91 and if memory serves 120 gr. loose powder is the max recommended by White Rifles. I sure wouldn't want to be behind him shooting 150 gr. :shock:

I use 75 gr. 3FgT7 in mine and thats a pretty stout load behind a 480 gr. conical.

this one isnt a white, just looks like it. Super heavy duty chrome molly barrel on this! its no light weigh thats for sure!!

he was showing us all kinds of hard hitting stuff hes made. He pulled out a whopper too! 75caliber percussion muzzleloader! Sucker was huge.

lol wasnt that heavy, maybe 8 1/2 - 9lbs scoped. just a really solid feeling rifle. Surprisingly wasnt barrel heavy.

I agree with " TJJ "......

""" 75caliber percussion muzzleloader! Sucker was huge.""""

FG, I think that is in a class of weapons called "cannon!"

Latest posts

Back