Savage does the trick...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flint head

Reaction score
pict04342.jpg

Killed this buck with my new Savage 116WW 30-06... I used the new Winchester Power Max bonded bullets in a 150 grain and they performed excellent!

well im jealous nice deer , and green grass, does that savage have the accustock?

It does Funman... and it's a real tack driver. It will shoot .50 to .75 all day long at 100 yards.

Flint head,

How is the "Recoil" with the accustock? I have a Savage lefty long action in 25-06 and I had to use a sniper base just to get proper eye relief for the 4X-12X Leopold.

Did you have scope issues with the long action???

Chocdog

Choc,
The recoil is very nice with the new pad. The scope mounting was a pain... I had to use two extended Talley one piece ring/base combo and a Nikon Monarch scope with the extended ring spacing to make things work,,, but the end result is a pretty neat set up.

Now THAT is a sweet buck! I love non-typicals, and that one is just nasty. Congratulations, thank you for sharing, and it's always good to get that first kill with a new gun, gives you confidence from here on out.

Latest posts

Back