help with rings/bases

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

askoop

Reaction score
Just picked up my first muzzy, a traditions pursuit lt with camo thumbhole and nickle. it came with rings/bases and 2-7x32 scope. I think I will mount my burris FFII 3-9x40 on it though as I cant use my centerfire in IL for hunting, so might as well use the good scope off that one. The problem I am running into is that I cannot get the scope to move up far enough so I get a comfortable cheek weld on the stock.

I have a new set of slimmer rings coming, hoping that takes care of the problem.

If that doesnt work, is there a mounting rail or system that would enable me to move my rings more towards the muzzle so I can move the scope to where I am comfortable?

ordered a 1 piece weaver style base, it looks like there are also slots forward of the farthest forward mounting hole, and just to be safe, ordered a set of weaver quad lock extension rings.

I imagine this should get me where I need to be, only thing I am not looking forward to is that the new rings are "high" height...

Back