Range Rod???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hulions

Reaction score
What range rod do you guys suggest for cleaning. I would like one that spins on bearings and accepts the 10/32 threads. I'm tired of using the one that came with my Omega to do all of my cleaning chores. I have a nice stainless steel rod with a handle that spins on bearings but it will not take the jags for the muzzleloader. Can I just get a 50 cal. jag that will fit it from Tipton or Dewey? Thanks for the help. Just trying to make cleaning a little easier.

Knight range rod.........you won't be disappointed. I have 2 of 'em. Bought mine at Cabela's. I use all different types of ml jags on them.

Thompson Center and Knight make a good range rod.. you can get a jag that will spin as well which makes things a little easier. Plus it is great for loading as well.

I have a custom made stainless steel rod and would be lost without it.

Bird1 said:
Knight range rod.........you won't be disappointed. I have 2 of 'em. Bought mine at Cabela's. I use all different types of ml jags on them.

+1

Can you change the jag on the Knight range rod? Does the rod swivel or will I have to put a T/C extended swivel jag on it? Thanks for your help.

On my knight range rod you can change jags. The rod swivels where it attaches to the handle. It is not a ball bearing swivel but I just put a drop of oil on it now and then and it works just great.
Art

Another vote for the Knight Range Rod. I started with one, and now I have 3 of them! :oops: One for each of the ML's that I shoot quite frequently. I like having only one set of loading marks on each rod.

Latest posts

Back