Rings for my new Omega

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tankhead

Reaction score
I've got an Omega on the way and I'd like to mount a scope. I've heard that T/C makes a great mount (PN# 9907) and I found that on MidwayUSA. But, I'm overwhelmed with all the rings available. Looks like I need Weaver-style 1" rings, preferably silver, w/ the T/C mount. Do you have something to recommend? Thank you.

Not sure if they are available in silver, but I would use Warne QD rings on a Weaver-style base. They're strong, always return to zero, and make cleaning the rifle very easy by getting the scope out of the way. My.02--have fun

put duzasite z2 base and ring on my omega worked great for a good price. they are weaver style and only cost $26 for base and rings.

paia said:
Not sure if they are available in silver, but I would use Warne QD rings on a Weaver-style base. They're strong, always return to zero, and make cleaning the rifle very easy by getting the scope out of the way. My.02--have fun

They are available in silver. But, damn there expensive. Very good reviews though. Thanks!

Tankhead said:
paia said:

They are available in silver. But, damn there expensive. Very good reviews though. Thanks!

If you had not spent all that money on that crazy truck in your sig pic, you could get the rings :D :poke: :D

The Warnes are relatively expensive, but they'll last forever. IMO it is VERY convenient to have a removable scope, but you certainly don't have to have that. Actually neither of my inlines have QD mounts right now. I like the "Dednutz" one piece base/ring set up a lot, but you had asked about Weaver style rings. There are lots of options, and most work great. Pick what you like and have fun shooting and hunting.

I personally like the Burris Signature rings with the bushings. I bought my first set a few years back and will not use anything else now.

paia said:
Tankhead said:
paia said:

If you had not spent all that money on that crazy truck in your sig pic, you could get the rings :D :poke: :D

It's been that way for 6 years now. But, yes I did go first class. My experience has been you usually get what you pay for. And I'm very happy I spent what I did. :D :D :D It has been a first rate truck for the last 11 1/2 years w/o a lick of problems! :wink:

I bought the Waever quad rings at Walmart. They are about $16 and work the nuts. They come in low, med & high. I have them on almost all my guns.

Back