Difference between the Omega and the Encore??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toto

Reaction score
I went to the local shop and they had a sweet Encore, but it is more than I want to spend (it was close to $800)... I realllllly liked the feel of that with the thumbhole stock. They didn't have much at all left for Omegas, so I didn't get a chance to look at that. I'm thinking I may be interested in the Omega, as the interchangeable barrels isn't a big deal for me.

What other differences, other than the interchangeable barrels is there?

- are the open sites the same?
- barrel length, seemed to me the Omega was longer?
- break open action - does the Omega have that as well or is that just on the Encore? Seems as though it would be quick and easy to cap..

I've also read that the Encore is a really tight barrel and tough to load. Is that true and if so, does the Omega have the same problem?

Thanks in advance.

toto said:
I went to the local shop and they had a sweet Encore, but it is more than I want to spend (it was close to $800)... I realllllly liked the feel of that with the thumbhole stock. They didn't have much at all left for Omegas, so I didn't get a chance to look at that. I'm thinking I may be interested in the Omega, as the interchangeable barrels isn't a big deal for me.

What other differences, other than the interchangeable barrels is there?

- are the open sites the same?
- barrel length, seemed to me the Omega was longer?
- break open action - does the Omega have that as well or is that just on the Encore? Seems as though it would be quick and easy to cap..

I've also read that the Encore is a really tight barrel and tough to load. Is that true and if so, does the Omega have the same problem?

Thanks in advance.

The Omeaga's barrel is longer and will give you more velocity with the same load.

The Omega is not a break action like the Encore but has more of a falling block type actipn. Bottom line is, neither have a bolt and are extremely easy to clean and to cap.

Barrel tightness seems to be unique to specific guns. All of my Encores and Omegas will accept anything you stuff down them.

toto I have a couple of the omegas and a couple of the encores.

My favorite omega that shoots the most acurate has the tightest bore and I like a tight fitting sabot. I just use a bullet starter and then a palm saver when pushing the rod down. The other three rifles are a little easier to load and they are all three about the same

When Im feeling bloodthirsty and want to kill something I grab my stainless and synthetic omega 50. It will shoot most all recommended loads well.

I can clean totally clean my omegas quicker that I can clean my encores.

Both models feel sweet to me and both shoot good. However, my omegas are more accurate thus far by a small margin.

I woud highly recomend both rifles to anyone but if I was shoping again and didnt want to consider the switch barrel option of the encore it would be omega all the way.

This is just one mans opinion.

Good luck and have fun. iisabigone

Latest posts

Back