My Elite 45 looks like a keeper.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GM54-120

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
I just wanted to test a few bullets compared to the 200gr SST i use in the Acurra for hunting. So i started with the same 100grs of BH209 and a Win209. I actually stared using Fed209A for the first 3 but they were harder to remove from the NFPJ.

First 4 including the switch to the Win209 primer

First4.jpg

Final Adjustments for the SST

SightIn.jpg

Zoom out of the first target and 7 SSTs.

1thru7.jpg

Three 220gr plated RNFPs and 1 Barnes 357 140gr XPB.

220GRRNFP.jpg

Montana Gold 165gr JHP and no cool down time. Notice the climbing.

MG165JHP1.jpg

200gr plated RNFP

200GRRNFP.jpg

Lehigh 200 and Harvester Smooth. Only load i tested with over 100gr.

Lehigh200-1.jpg

Buffalo Bullets 325gr flat base HP with fiber over powder wad POI compared to the 200gr RNFP.

220and325Conical.jpg

All shots at 40 yards and a very windy 73F. All using Win209 after sight in and 100gr BH209. Excluding the Lehigh 200gr DOA.

Wind gusts and wind direction changes made it hell so i only went to 40 yards and the on and off light rain did help either. On a sled with Swift Premier 2x7x40 WA scope.

I dont know if its the Lehigh vent liner and BP in the Elite but the same SST charges in my Acurra are nowhere near as hard on the sabots with 100gr of BH209. IMO it is getting a much more efficient ignition than the modded CVA plug. I saved almost all my sabots and they look like 110gr charges and the 265gr in my Acurra.

Seems like it shoots a wide variety of bullets with very similar windage variations using just 100gr of BH209 even in very heavy crosswinds.

This sucker needs a Varmint scope. :p

Scott

saxman1 said:
Nice shooting Scott
I love my 45 :D

If my WinApex would have been a 45, i never would have sold it. I got the Extreme 50 for a good deal so i didnt need another full sized 50cal. I also got about what i paid for it, minus the scope and mounts.

It also appears that all the Extreme parts will interchange with my GMB54. Some now i have 3 stocks for both, even the Lehigh NFPJ works fairly well in the Extreme and great in my GMB54.

I did keep the CVA Kodiak laminated TH stock though just in case. :D

If i decide to sell it, you will be the first to know.

Apex50-1.jpg

Apexwiththumbhole.jpg

Latest posts

Back