good morning....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

getonit

Reaction score
Hi all- finally had a good morning- season started here in Ohio Monday and I have been skunked on shots-and seeing any deer- this morning was cold-...18F with a stiff at 25mph -wind chill about 0.... decided to try my old hunting grounds as the place I hunted all week was dead-walked the 1/2 mile back to a woods just before daylight thinking no deer are going to move in this wind decided not to sit in my tree stand and found a tree to sit against on the ground out of the wind. Only about 15 minutes went by (not even enough time to cool down from the hike) and I heard the steps crunching up behind me- a minute later and about 10 feet away this buck walks out and stops to stare at me (and my MLII is facing the other way!) I had to wait till he decided to walk out further to bring the Savage up- about 30 yards-(and I thought the MLII was for long range!!!)knowing he was about 3 steps from dissappearing in the shoulder high pasture field I fired- 1 jump and he dissappeared into the field. took about 15 minutes to find him in the cover- about 65 yards away- the MLII did a fine job on both lungs and nicked the heart - I havent found an exit hole or the bullet- if it stayed in the body I'll find it but it was to cold to keep looking in the gut pile... the load was the 250xtp- 45gr5744-fed. primer - hope the picture shows up! -Getonit-
view
[/img]

Looks like you did a great job!! Very nice deer!

Awesome!!! Nice Buck!

I have had a MISERABLE season so far.. Terrible luck!

Saw MAGILLA Monday... never to be seen again
:cry:

Where abouts was that? Around here or down south?

Nice deer! Our MZ season opens tomorrow morning. This year, my season(s) have been going like yours, I hope this one is different.

Blue-Dot-37.5

JJ- he came from Hardin Co.- I've been in Shelby Co all week with no luck- just before firearms season they seem to have went nocternal- all the deer I saw was before shooting light- shadows agaist the lighter background from my stands- nothing moving and very few shots after daybreak- and I think this one was late getting to bed down in the pasture field-I jumped a large doe already bedded walking back up to the truck... -Getonit-

Congrats on that FINE buck! I guess THAT hunt turned out better than EXPECTED! :D

Hi to all again- This morning didnt go as well for my 15 yr. old- He had a nice buck almost as big in the crosshairs with the MLII but the gun wouldnt fire....pull the trigger and nothing....he gave me a call on the cell phone VERY upset- watching the buck dissappear- I was able to talk him through it to find out the cocking indicator tab by the bolt was stuck down.. . he was able to use his pocket knife and free it- so I think I'll take it down to see why it stuck- oh well- we told him its a learning curve in hunting-the little things count. On the bright side my buddy got a 6 point with his flintlock-
i4ocaf.jpg
http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=i4ocaf so at least it wasnt all bad...-Getonit-

Latest posts

Back