Jim Shockey now with T/C?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

encoreguy

Reaction score
In my last issue of North American Whitetail I noticed in the Pioneer powder ad that Jim was shooting an Encore. Whats up with "Mr. Knight"?
Is he now shooting for T/C? This muzzleloader game is getting like the competitive archery game. I am now a free agent, so show me the money and we will talk! :lol:

I have not seen that add or noticed that but like all things, the mighty dollar can influence a lot of people to change their mind. It would not surprise me. Also there is little difference between the quality of the two. I have a number of Knight Rifles and Thompson Center rifles. I'd hate to choose which one I think is the better rifle....

Can't believe that! :shock: Wait a minute dosen't he do this for a living? :roll: I wonder if he will go over to CVA, if the money is right? :lol: Ron

Ron S said:
Can't believe that! :shock: Wait a minute dosen't he do this for a living? :roll: I wonder if he will go over to CVA, if the money is right? :lol: Ron

Of COURSE he would! They ALL would!

some would but not all you can get a very bad name in the outdooor television world by doing that if you dont belive in a prouduct you should be sponsered by them and then jump ship then again sometimes the partnership just disolves and they the sponsor doesnt feel like there gettign there share any longer i see it a lot

I used to be a "sponcered" shooter in the Archery business in the late 80's and mid 90's. I switched 2 times, not because of more money (there wasn't much of that in those days) but because I thought they had a better product. I figured that if I didn't keep winning no one would want me anyway and I thought their product had an advantage. Of course back then you couldn't make a living shooting archery or muzzleloaders like you can today.

I switched 2 times, not because of more money (there wasn't much of that in those days) but because I thought they had a better product.

MAY be a valid point. Right now Knight seems to kind of sort lost. They can't seem to be able to get the Vision to market and never could market their best muzzleloader(Disc Elite). IMO they've AWAYS dropped/added models too much for my liking. But as a general rule their muzzleloaders ARE hard to beat!

encoreguy said:
In my last issue of North American Whitetail I noticed in the Pioneer powder ad that Jim was shooting an Encore. Whats up with "Mr. Knight"?
Is he now shooting for T/C?

No, he's not. If you are referring to the moose picture, it was shot in late 2003 with a Knight-- it is not an Encore.

RandyWakeman said:
encoreguy said:

No, he's not. If you are referring to the moose picture, it was shot in late 2003 with a Knight-- it is not an Encore.

No I am not referring to the moose picture. This was 3 animals killed in Africa and he says in the ad that he was shooting an Encore.

By the way I was not infering that he switched because T/C was better. Knight has outstanding quality guns and arguably the best customer service in the indusrty. They just need a little marketing help.

RandyWakeman said:
encoreguy said:

You might be surprised by what you don't know Randy!!!!!

elkstalkr said:
LOL, if he has that will be just too funny.

MONEY MONEY MONEY

He has....actually T/C has become a sponsor of his television series and with the series comes the man!

funny

listen to the american pioneer add on his show it is now dubbed over with him saying 5000 rds with t/c when the shooter clearly has a knight!!!!!!!!!

http://www.americanpioneerpowder.com/index.html

Well, then shame on American Pioneer for being such naughty little girls. If they are going to lie, they should at least be consistent. Anyone can go to their home page and look at Knights. :roll:

What is peculiar is the whole point of the claiming "We shot this muzzleloader 5,562 times without cleaning it." Not only do they lie about the gun used, apparently 5,562 shots was not enough to develop any particular ballistics with specific, popular muzzleloading projectiles.

Maybe after 5000 more shots they will be able to show a few Hornady, Powerbelt, and Barnes velocities :?:

Jim Shockey

If he has switched to T/C, someone needs to update his website. www.jimshockey.com. His website has Knight all over it and the APP link shows and states that they are shooting a Knight muzzleloader.

Inside the back cover of BLACKPOWDER HUNTING winter issue, Mr. Shockey is in a Nosler bullet adverstisement and he's shown holding a rifle that for sure ain't a Knight, while posing with a Caribou bull. And while he's doing this, he's also on the outside back cover in another add. for APP and sure-enough he's got that ol' Knight in that one. Ha ha :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Back