Thought on dial up.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAF

Reaction score
Circumstances for me at home have recently changed and finally had a chance to get away and go to our cottage. It's pretty cold and a slight skiff of snow. Unpacked the van and while my wife put things away I did chores like turn up the thermostat, turn on the pressure system and turn on the water heater. Then went out and put out some feed for the deer and birds. Wife went out for coffee and I sat down to read what's new here. At home have a high speed connection but up here only dial up. Boy is it slow. Tried to post this once but the system auto dissconnect after a few minutes not using so had to reconnect, re-type and re-submitt. Boy is this frustrating :?

I have cable now but BOY...do I remember the "good 'ol days" of dial up!

I am a much more pleasant fellow now that I do not have to deal with dial up, that always got my blood pressure up.

We live in a deep ravine and all we can get is dial-up here :cry: :cry: . It's slow but we keep hopin' someday someone will set a tower nearby for DSL or the like.

I have cable at home and dial up at work. Believe me you can have sex and a cup of coffee while your waiting for a page to pull on dial up. :x It really makes me appreciate cable when I get home. :)

dwhunter said:
I have cable at home and dial up at work. Believe me you can have sex and a cup of coffee while your waiting for a page to pull on dial up. :x It really makes me appreciate cable when I get home. :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

DW I've already had the coffee but........I never thought of the other option :D . Hmmmmm have to give it a try

RAF said:
DW I've already had the coffee but........I never thought of the other option :D . Hmmmmm have to give it a try

Try it you might even decide you LIKE it. :lol:

Back