CVA Apex barrels

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbonura

Reaction score
Hello

I have a cva apex 30-06 and was wondering in any other forum members can recommend some barrels that they have. Looking for feedback on the ml, 243 or 22-250 barrels. If you can provide feedback on group sizes, head space issues and anything else that would be great. I read great reviews on cabelas.com and not so great reviews.

thanks,

pbonura

I've had the .45 Apex since last fall but haven't had time to shot it yet. But that isn't so bad though, 4 NIB Knights that are looking for range time also. :D

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with the 50 cal or 22-250 barrels.

pbonura

I talked to Megan at CVA today, she said the 12g shotgun barrels will be available in august but he was unsure when the .308 barrels would be in. I will get more info from Dudley and see when we can expect an order to be in.

How is your apex shooting frontiergander. do you have a 50 cal and 30-06 for it. What type of groups are you getting with both at 100 yards.

3/4" with the 30-06 with 165gr hornady bullets and 52.2 grains H4350. H380 also does really well in it.

The .50cal shoots like a monster on steroids, its a tack driver.

I dont shoot it much due to my Optima spoiling me but the Apex is one heck of a shooter. It especially like the 300gr Thors and Powerbelts. The 295's with 90 - 100gr Blackhorn are 2 of the best loads in the muzzy.

Have you guys had any issues removing a barrel? I have assed tried to remove my 50 cal barrel when I bought the gun and couldn't even budge the pin? Again didn't beat it too hard as it was brand new.

They are tight and do require a good deal of pressure in order to get them out, installing them again is even tighter.

Back