TC Triumph + Leupld Ulitmate Slam Scope = ? Mounts/Rings

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhino Hunter

Reaction score
Like the subject indicates I now am the proud owner of a TC Triumph Bone Collector Edition (thanks to my lovely wife) and a Leupold 3x9 Ultimate Slam Scope. :D I thought I had my mounts/rings figured out when I bought the Leupold QR medium height version. However when I went to mount them the rear open sight interferes with the scope by about 1/4". :x I can remove the rear open sight but then I wouldn't need the QR mounts. :? I've done the search and haven't found an answer. I think others have this gun/scope/mount combo but they might have the 2x7 scope where I have the 3x9 which might be a little longer.

I'm open to all suggestions including not having the QR or Leupold mounts. However I want to have high quality mounts when I'm done.

Thanx in advance for your time.

Rhino Hunter

I would remove the rear sight,and use T/C Maxima rings,and base. They are about the best you can get,set up easy,and most of all are solid,and reliable. A friend of miine,just setup the exact same gun/scope as you have, for his son. The ONLY strange thing was the base had to be shimmed to center the elevation, on the scope (no big deal). My Pro Hunter didn't need any shimming,his Pro Hunter didn't either. Kinda strange the their "bone collector" did though? My Pro Hunter fell over last year :oops: while it was leaned against the truck. I was worried that the "scope zero" had been knocked off. After a trip to the range the next day,I was relieved, :D no change in the POI at all! That speaks volumes on the strength of these mounts! Ron

Well...the Leupold base/rings didn't work out. So I made a trip to Gander Mountain and picked up a set of their mount/rings and they didn't work either. They extended back too far where they overlapped the breach plug.

Then I made the 100 mile round trip to Cabela's and picked up a set of TC base and TC Maxima rings. I installed them and they look great. Now I just have to sight it in.

And after all of that I saw your post rsk1949 recommending the exact same mounts that finally ended up using. Looks like I took the long road but got to the right destination. :D

Thanx for the input.

Rhino Hunter

Latest posts

Back