Where is the best place to buy barnes bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knightfan

Reaction score
Hey guys thinking of using barnes this year in the elite. where is the best place to buy in bulk.(need to work up a load) should i use the supplied sabot? or go with another

thinking of the the 245gr spit tmz's

Just tired of that darn elite shooting 1-1.5 inch groups with the shockwaves. :lol:

No... really just want to try something new

I usually buy mine straight from Barnes. But they can be had at cheaper prices sometimes through vendors.

barnes told me flat out on the phone don't order from them oder from one of the vendors and you can save 2-5 bucks hands down with no shipping charges as well.

went to walmart to buy some fishing gear and other important stuff and wow what I wanted was 16 bucks and barnes wanted 25

I buy mine at mid-way. If u haven't shot them I would buy a box of 285 gr spitfires and then a box of the TMZ 250. Both my guns shoot the 285gr with the original yellow sabot better, it loads hard but groups are outstanding the new blue sabots are easy to load but my groups are 1" bigger. 285 has excellent ballistics and the one load will take down anything. :wink:

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?p ... ber=718709

Just about any place you can find them on sale... 24 pack is about as bulk as it gets that I know of. Out of my Omega, I shoot the 285 Spit Fire over 100 gr. of BH209 and I can consistantly bust 1 gallon jugs at 200 yards with a scope and the supplied yellow sabot. I tried the blue EZ load sabot and also the Harvester BT sabot and neither worked as well.

Try

Already shopped around! Midsouthshooterssupply.com 250 gr TEZ 24 pk 25.72 add 8.00 shipping for 1 pack. But 2 only costs 8.37, so buy more stuff to dilute the shipping and no tax in most places!

earnhard3 said:
barnes told me flat out on the phone don't order from them oder from one of the vendors and you can save 2-5 bucks hands down with no shipping charges as well.

went to walmart to buy some fishing gear and other important stuff and wow what I wanted was 16 bucks and barnes wanted 25

Your Wal-Mart sells Barnes Bullets?!?! You luck dog!!!! 8)

Latest posts

Back