I've got a new project hog

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWThomas

Reaction score
I took two hogs off my old spot and now they have stopped coming to the feeder. So I packed up the feeder and scouted out a new spot. I had seen some hogs in the area where I scouted. I found a spot with some fresh rooting and I threw out a little corn and set-up my Cuddeback. I definitely found a new spot for my feeder...

CDY_0008.jpg

CDY_0007.jpg

CDY_0010.jpg

This boar is even bigger than the last one I shot! It'll be fun getting him to come out during daylight and giving me the opportunity to take him with my muzzleloader from my ground blind. I think I'll use a 290g Barnes T-EZ on this fellas.

You're getting me in the mood to hog hunt :lol: That last pic has a monster pig. Well he looks big to me but i never shot hog before.

Have you ate any of those 2 previous hogs? I was wondering about their flavor and meat texture.

If those pictures dont get you excited nothing will :lol:

They're pretty good eating most of the time. The last boar I shot wasn't very good. I think I'll marinate the next one.

tomas try this out on one (marinade) take a can (large) or two of dole pinaple juice and put it in a pot on the stove then add brown sugar to your taste me i like it a little on the sweet side, but warm it on the stove just warm not boil until sugar is all melted, let it cool then soak the meat turnin over every once in awhile i like to let it soak at least over night to a full day then pop it on the grill or in a slow cooker on low till its done to your likein. if you put it in the slow cooker just dump it all in and let it go 6-8 hours on low, on the grill just keep bastin it with the marinade. either way it comes out like candy throw some bbq sauce on it in a bun and man its too good! if you dont like pinaple you can use orange juice or apple i've done them all, even done pinaple orange togeather that was cool too! man i need to get out and go get me some more meat now! if you try it let us know how you did it and liked it.

horsefly said:
tomas try this out on one (marinade) take a can (large) or two of dole pinaple juice and put it in a pot on the stove then add brown sugar to your taste me i like it a little on the sweet side, but warm it on the stove just warm not boil until sugar is all melted, let it cool then soak the meat turnin over every once in awhile i like to let it soak at least over night to a full day then pop it on the grill or in a slow cooker on low till its done to your likein. if you put it in the slow cooker just dump it all in and let it go 6-8 hours on low, on the grill just keep bastin it with the marinade. either way it comes out like candy throw some bbq sauce on it in a bun and man its too good! if you dont like pinaple you can use orange juice or apple i've done them all, even done pinaple orange togeather that was cool too! man i need to get out and go get me some more meat now! if you try it let us know how you did it and liked it.

That sounds good! I might have to give that a try.

horsefly said:

sounds like my chicken breast marinade. :D :D :D

Another simple and good recipe...slice meat about 1/4" thick. Throw in crock pot. Slice onion. Throw in crock pot. Open can of coca cola. Pour in crock pot. Open bottle of ketchup. Pour in crock pot. Mix it up, turn crock pot on high for 6 hours or low for 10-12 hours, stirring occasionally.

Sounds wacky but it is tasty. It works well for rabbit, venison and other meats too.

wildhobbybobby said:
Another simple and good recipe...slice meat about 1/4" thick. Throw in crock pot. Slice onion. Throw in crock pot. Open can of coca cola. Pour in crock pot. Open bottle of ketchup. Pour in crock pot. Mix it up, turn crock pot on high for 6 hours or low for 10-12 hours, stirring occasionally.

Sounds wacky but it is tasty. It works well for rabbit, venison and other meats too.

I'll put that on the list of things to try also. Thanks! :D

big6x6 said:
Spencer..I think you are HOOKED on hog hunting! :lol:

I've been hooked on hogs since I was in junior high Chuck! :D I love hunting and eating these critters.

i hear ya on that one sw i like my deer huntin but i love hog huntin! put a wild hog on my plate or a deer roast and we will fight over the hog!!!!!

Latest posts

Back