Florida hog hunting info

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcrik

Reaction score
Has anyone here hunted hog in florida? I would like to plan a do it yourself hunt but I'm not sure where to start. Any advise will be much appreciated.

mcrik

Thanks for the info.

This WMA section of the website is frustrating. The downloads of the brochures contain the laws for season ending in June 30, 2009.

I'm really interested in the Chassahowitzka WMA or somewhere close, but can't find any current data.

mcrik

A hunting website had this listing:

CHASSAHOWITZKA WMA (33,919 acres) borders the Gulf of Mexico in Hernando County. The parcel consists of one of the largest stands of coastal hardwood hammocks anywhere. The remaining portions of the area contain planted pines, cut over sandhill scrub and wet prairies. Hunting for deer, turkey, small game and migratory birds is expected to be fair. There are virtually NO HOGS on this WMA.

mcrik

Fla Hogs

Try the next one down the street. Homosassa WMA. Hogs can be taken during small game. No centerfires. Only 30 hunters per day allowed in, but after opening weekend, you shouldn't have any problem. Place is over-run with hogs! :lol:

Tamnjams,

What will I need by way of a license? permits? or anything else? What are the dates?

I read and re-read the Florida laws.......confusing.

mcrik

Fla Hog Hunt

You'll need a fl hunting license and a wildlife management stamp. Both can be purchased at any walmart. Also a muzzleloading stamp which is $5 if I recall. Small game season is November 8-30 and Dec 20 thru Jan 4. If you choose not to hunt with a muzzleloader you won't need the stamp. No centerfire rifles..Remember, only thirty hunters per day. So the early bird gets the hog :lol: Gander mountain is having a 9am-12 sale today. A 17ft(to the platform} stand , normally $179, for $99. You will be allowed to erect your stand after 8am the day prior to opening. The stand must be removed by 6pm the day after closing. It's early and I just drank my last cup. :( If I can answer any more ?, please ask..Tamnjams P.S. It just donned on me..being that its not actually muzzle loading season..you made not need the stamp. Don't take my word for it! I just purchase everything I'm gonna need in one trip and forget about it! Fla has draws for all of its management areas. With the exception of small game. So in order to be in the drawing you have to submit your license number and so forth.

Re: Fla Hog Hunt

Tamnjams said:
You'll need a fl hunting license and a wildlife management stamp. Both can be purchased at any walmart. Also a muzzleloading stamp which is $5 if I recall. Small game season is November 8-30 and Dec 20 thru Jan 4. If you choose not to hunt with a muzzleloader you won't need the stamp. No centerfire rifles..Remember, only thirty hunters per day. So the early bird gets the hog :lol: Gander mountain is having a 9am-12 sale today. A 17ft(to the platform} stand , normally $179, for $99. You will be allowed to erect your stand after 8am the day prior to opening. The stand must be removed by 6pm the day after closing. It's early and I just drank my last cup. :( If I can answer any more ?, please ask..Tamnjams P.S. It just donned on me..being that its not actually muzzle loading season..you made not need the stamp. Don't take my word for it! I just purchase everything I'm gonna need in one trip and forget about it! Fla has draws for all of its management areas. With the exception of small game. So in order to be in the drawing you have to submit your license number and so forth.
Sorry I was looking at 08-09. The dates for 09-2010 are Nov 14th thru Dec 6th and Dec 26th thru Jan 10th.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to do my best to get down there. It's a long drive from Ohio and my ducks need to be lined up.

mcrik

Back