How many ??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UtahRob

Reaction score
How many deer can you take in your state ?/ we can take only one here , if you can find one . Our deer herds in N. Utah are very very low . Too many Cats , too much Hunting pressure and to many home sitting in the the winter range . Mule deer are not anywhere near as hardy as white tail . :cry:

UtahRob

One here and you might be able to draw for another... Idaho

The last two winters up in northern Idaho has also taken it's toll

In the area where I go in SE MN we can take a total of 5 deer, only one buck though. They are like vermin down there and the farmers hate them!

Counting all areas except unlimited doe areas, 42, I think. In addition, you can take 2 Sika. I usually top out around 12. Lotsa meat to the hunters for the hungry program!

Theoretically you could kill as many as you want here in IL. Archery permits are sold over the counter and there is no limit on those. But you can only kill two antlered deer per year, total, in all seasons combined (firearm, archery, muzzleloader).

sabotloader said:
UtahRob

i forgot to mention the hard winters we had here to . All the winter range are full of houses and roads and the cars take a big number of deer also .

lewistt said:
Counting all areas except unlimited doe areas, 42, I think. In addition, you can take 2 Sika. I usually top out around 12. Lotsa meat to the hunters for the hungry program!

WOW !!

Scott ( saxman1) was telling me he could take a bunch also .

here is what he said

Quote ''
I can shoot two deer a day,everyday !!!
:shock: :shock:

sabotloader said:
UtahRob

Can you take a mule deer or white tail with that tag , or are the white tail a draw ??
There is a white tail/mule deer cross mounted in our local Cal Ranch here in Cache Valley . Do they cross breed very often ? Most locals don't want white tail here but i sure don't see much hope for the mule deer , so i hope they come on down from you area. I understand we have a few but i have not see any . i keep looking for them around the farms , corn and wheat fields but all i see is mule deer . WE have more mule deer living in the valley eating crops that we have in the mountains up Logan canyon . They never leave and have it pretty easy during the winter . They live in the marsh right next to the bear river also . Nothing big just a butch of small 2x2 s , But i tell you what , these little guys sure taste better . :D

I can take 2 deer a day.....Everyday :D
OH!! he already said that.

Well,I can :D

Here in Maryland 2 antlered and 10 antlerless in each season: bow,muzzleloader and gun. Must take 2 antlerless before the 2nd buck in each season.

mrlnfshr1 said:
Here in Maryland 2 antlered and 10 antlerless in each season: bow,muzzleloader and gun. Must take 2 antlerless before the 2nd buck in each season.

Also, we can take 2 sika (one stag and one doe) for each of those seasons. And a few counties, over on the western shore, are unlimited whitetail does.

Total of 3 in this part of AR, add one if you want to go south to do it I have one tag left and have past 4 so far to keep it. Lee

dang, WA is among the "one deer" states, unless you draw special tags. I'm jealous!

In my section of Ohio until recently only one, now it you take a bow deer early you can take a total of two.

In my county I can take 8 does {6 too many} but one buck statewide. On the 160 acres I hunt the DNR gave the landowner 20 depradation tags and he filled all of them!! Lots of fawns running around lost, has to be a better way.

In most of NY.
1 with your regular season - buck only
2 with bow/mz tags - 1 either/or and 1 antlerless.
Up to 2 antlerless/hunter in a lottery for dmp's
Another 2 antlerless dmp's may be signed over from another hunter.
DMP's are zone specific.
2 DMAP's from a landowner for that specific property only.

Total - up to 9

Steve

i have 16 doe days, can shoot 2 a day plus i can buy 4 doe tags @ $5 each that can be used anytime during season (September 15 / January 1 ) can shoot AS MANY BUCKS as i want from August 15 / January 1 must have 2 inches of antler above hair line to be a legal buck

Wis one buck with bow one with gun. Doe tags vary in different hunting area's

Back