Thompson Center public relations

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kootenaibill

Reaction score
Anybody else having trouble with TC? I have tried to order over $200.00 worth of merchandise from TC. Their order cart messed up and will not continue to a purchase page. I have tried 4 emails to different people at TC. No one answers. I have a new Triumph and am beginning to think I should have gone Knight ! :twisted: :twisted: :x :x

I have always had good luck dealing with T/C, but I have been trying to get ahold of them for a week now and have had no luck.
They won't respond to email and I can never get through on the phone..
Sure hope this isn't a sign of things to come... :(

Thompson Center...

In the past TC has always had great response to help people often going way out of their way to provide help. Some blame the sell out to SW as the being the cause of the current problem. I think the biggest problem is the economy, TC has gone through two major layoff sessions. I really do not know how many people are even left to man the place - I also would believe the ones that are left are doing double duty if not more. I know and I would bet they know they are taking a hit in the reputation department - but I believe it is another American company trying to stay afloat. I did not see their name mentioned in any of the Government Bailout proposals - so I doubt they are getting any big boost from government cash. Let's just hope that they survive this period so we are not left with just buying our ML's from foreign markets.

TC is top notch, I would not sweat it too bad. They may be going through some trouble right now but they will take care of your purchase many years down the road... I never deal with a company via their e-mail system, I find it much better just to keep calling until I can speak to someone... good luck!

I have never had a reply from the many e-mails i have sent them . I also have called them many times been put on hold and cut off after waiting for ever I had some problems with my Encore and ended up repairing it my self thanks to the good folks at Bellm . Love my guns but not customer service !! :roll:

This is just my opinion, and opinion only. I would go so far as to say the TC of yesteryear is going out the window. They have to be one of the casualties of this economy. Their products, while top shelf, are by and large too high priced for people pinching pennies. Lets face it,$600.00 for a Hawken flinter that has had zero upgrades or options during it's existance is a little out of hand. This being the rifle that put TC on the map,or at least in conjunction with the Renegade. Their flagship so to speak,made muzzleloading a household word. Unfortunatly, I fear it has come to an end. Their prices have exceeded what the market will bear, so it's crunch time for TC. I hope they pull it out of the fire, but with all the layoffs and closings nationwide, I have my doubts. Hmmm,school cloths,food, gasoline, mortgage payment,or new muzzleloader. Guess who is going to loose. I can't give away my custom calls at the moment. Another non-essential product hitting the skids. I shudder to think where it will all end.

The customer service dept is "down" to just 4 people and they have to answer the phones answer emails etc. T/C stopped answering emails on a regular basis 5 years ago.

I don't see T/C singled out due to the economy. All of the sporting gun manufacturers are trying to stay alive.

T/C was growing by leaps and bounds since the introduction of the OMEGA rifle and muzzleloading still showed continued growth. The pro hunter rifle was the second most successful new rifle launch ever (Omega was #1). The muzzlloading market just may have peaked.

The introduction of the ICON rifle was badly timed but once you have 2 years invested in R&D what do you do???

T/C was running 2 shifts for the first year of the Triumpth rifle but no more.

The real question is will KNIGHT survive this economy????

Chocdog

choc-dog said:
The customer service dept is "down" to just 4 people and they have to answer the phones answer emails etc. T/C stopped answering emails on a regular basis 5 years ago.

I don't see T/C singled out due to the economy. All of the sporting gun manufacturers are trying to stay alive.

T/C was growing by leaps and bounds since the introduction of the OMEGA rifle and muzzleloading still showed continued growth. The pro hunter rifle was the second most successful new rifle launch ever (Omega was #1). The muzzlloading market just may have peaked.

The introduction of the ICON rifle was badly timed but once you have 2 years invested in R&D what do you do???

T/C was running 2 shifts for the first year of the Triumpth rifle but no more.

The real question is will KNIGHT survive this economy????

Chocdog

Thanks for your input!

I think T/C will be fine. They have a MUCH more varied product line than...well KNIGHT. Currently IMO they have better products too. T/Cs last 3 muzzleloaders(Black Diamond, Omega, Triumph) were ALL winners. Backed up by centerfire bolt action rifles, Contender handguns/rifles/muzzleloaders and Encore handguns/rifles/muzzleloaders, I think they will weather the storm...really is hard to beat the Omega/Triumph as muzzleloaders go...

Knight, on the other hand...is the company I am worried about as well...

What bothers me is the "dumbing down" of the people answering questions. A month ago, I bought what I thought was breach plug cleaner (the one to soak small parts). Being new I didn't know what to expect. I got home and had light blue patches in the container.

I emailed T/C and asked what it was and how to use it. The email said that a few containers got out labled wrong and if I paid postage, I could sent it back to them and they would tell me what it was. To me this ment I could sent it back (about $3) pay for return ($3) and spend close to twice what the product cost new. I then called and after three attempts got through. I explianed I wanted to know what was in the container. The lady was either already upset or got made at me real quick. She had no idea what was in their containers. And what did I what from her.

I told her thank you and hung up. I then did what I should have done first, went to local sports shop and asked what I had and how to use it. I was told it is there bore cleaner.

I guess I want there "Rep" to at least try to help a new person into the sport instead of blowing them off. My thoughts on buying T/C products went down because of their service dept.

Dave

I believe ALL manufacturers are having to deal with the consequences of our current economy. Things are getting tough, and it's going to get tougher before it's all "said and done".

I haven't had any issues with T/C. I've called them 6 times and they answered the phone each time.

TC Customer Service

We can blame the economy for lousy service all we want. When a company is trying to survive rough times they boost their public relations to try and entice people to use their products. Sell, sell, sell. Not pull the people selling the product. If no one sells, who do you buy from?
Blame the economy for their bad public relations?
Sounds like a company going down the drain with one big flush.

Re: TC Customer Service

Kootenaibill said:
We can blame the economy for lousy service all we want. When a company is trying to survive rough times they boost their public relations to try and entice people to use their products. Sell, sell, sell. Not pull the people selling the product. If no one sells, who do you buy from?
Blame the economy for their bad public relations?
Sounds like a company going down the drain with one big flush.

Have you delt with a BANK lately needing their help. S&W spent over $80 million buying T/C and my opinion is if S&W was not making money in their handgun,police and military divisions they would sell them off.

That is only if Beretta wants to spend the money to buy T/C...no one else has the financial resources and neither do the banks.

Chocdog

Chocdog

TC

Kootenai whatever, thems pretty big words for someone living out on the fringe of BC. You obviously have a issue w/TC. I do not see it going down the tubes, it is the most innovative wepns company going today. I think they make the other ML companies push themselves to keep up. You think there is not a learning curve / layoffs and this economy? Before you start casting rumors and aspersions i beleive you should have some facts my friend. And if the y do go down the toilet as you say, it will hurt us as a shooting group!! So I say buy every TC product out there or whatever your choice may be.

Tc used to be the best they made the best guns and had the best customer service, but when Smith And Wesson took them over I was afraid of some thing like this, I sold all of my S&W guns because of the way they treat their customers. I hope I don't have to do that with my TC guns but I suspect it may come to that. Lee

Public Relations

Actually, I don't have an issue with TC. I have a new Triumph and am very happy with it. I would like to buy more Thompson accessories for my outfit but when their purchase cart crashes every time I try to purchase the items and I get no response from emails. Phones are just as bad. I work hard for the money I spend. I expect something in return from a company when I buy their product. Any company. Even a vacuum company. I buy their product I expect the company to be there when I need a new hose or vacuum bags. If they are not there when I need them I have a simple solution. I go elsewhere.... What has my location to do with anything concerning TC Public Relations? :?:

I broke my front sight last weekend. I tried calling and emailing on Monday before I realized they were off for the Holiday. I called CS on Tuesday and got a nice lady who is mailing me out a sight. On Wednesday someone from there had returned the message I had left and I got an email response back today.

Re: Public Relations

Kootenaibill said:
Actually, I don't have an issue with TC. I have a new Triumph and am very happy with it. I would like to buy more Thompson accessories for my outfit but when their purchase cart crashes every time I try to purchase the items and I get no response from emails. Phones are just as bad. I work hard for the money I spend. I expect something in return from a company when I buy their product. Any company. Even a vacuum company. I buy their product I expect the company to be there when I need a new hose or vacuum bags. If they are not there when I need them I have a simple solution. I go elsewhere.... What has my location to do with anything concerning TC Public Relations? :?:

Have you tried other retailers for what you are looking for? Usually it is cheaper anyway.

I got through to T/C today on the phone and they took care of my problem also received an email response back..I believe T/C will keep up their great reputation with customer service, all companies are having a hard time right now, we just need to keep supporting them.. :yeah: JMO..

TC Public Relations

I took your advice and went elsewhere to fill my shopping list. I ended up at Cabela's here in Canada. I got pretty much everything I wanted, most with a TC label. Glad a lot of the list has had no problems with TC communication. When times are tough you can't sit back and say times are tough. You have to work harder. As the saying goes, "the harder you work the luckier you get."

Latest posts

Back