nikon rangefinder archer choice versus riflehunter 550

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcahilly

Reaction score
want a rangefinder for both archery and riflehunter(scope has a bdc) both have incline decline . dont know which to get I think the rifle would be better as I could use it for archery and then have the longer capability for the rifle. why would nikon have both when it looks like the rifleman is a no brainer

This is just a guess, so take it for what it is...

Maybe the Archery unit is better at short yardages? The rifle one sounds like the one to get, but make certain it is good for close stuff too.

My old Bushnell, for instance, was great at telling me a treeline was 304 yards away, but had trouble with being accurate at 15 to 25 yds. sometimes.

rangin

I have the Bushy 450 sport. Under 10 yards forget it, or if very clear out to 350. I rarely shoot 350, not because of the gun because of me unless at paper for fun. I use this tool to let me now distances, I have shot enough w/ my guns that I know where that bullet should go at a distance. I think sometimes people get the idea these tools compensate for no practice/ Good luck, I am a terrible yardage guesser as much as I practice w/ the sport.

They are pretty much the same thing. The archery choice only works out to 100 yd from what i have read.

I agree with Bucker. The range finder is a great tool, but that is all it is... just a tool. When I set up a stand I will shoot distances and then ribbon it. Then I do not even need the range finder. In my woods if you can see 50 yards, you've left my property... Really, it is thick in there.

I bought that Bushnell 450 Sport also. I discovered I was terrible at judging distances all of a sudden. Maybe its old age or new glasses. I used to be a pacer. Step off distances and could come pretty close. Then I was on the range and stepped it off at what I was sure was about 100 yards. Shot that with the Bushy years later and learned it was 88 yards. Man I was shocked.

For fun I went to a friends and there were some of the hunting buddies there. I showed them my range finder. And a lot of them said they did not need one as they could guess distances. Were they wrong!!! The best of them all was one guys wife. We kidded him that he better haul her along to guess his distances for him. They are a neat little tool and fun to play with.

Latest posts

Back