Do you hunt with a jag on your rod???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Underclocked said:
I've had a couple of those PRBullets synthetic jag tips (used to supply with bulk bullets) blown right off, so I generally hunt with a jag off.

:wink:

This reminded me of when I put a synthetic TC system1 ramrod on my encore, which stuck out about an inch past the barrel. I took the encore hunting and shot a small buck at 30 yds in the brisket. When I went to reload the bell shaped end was gone!! :oops: Luckly the deer died within 15 yds. I sent that ramrod back to TC and they sent me another aluminum rod to fit the system1. After that happened is when I started using a smaller jag on the encore rod, so far no problems.

jag

Only you UC could a seen that un, , 8) :lol: at might only mean somethin to an easterner?/ But................ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well mine sticks out 1/2 or 3/4 of an inch and I can shoot groups the same size as I get with it off the gun; I checked it out with a couple of different jags and some longer ones that stuck out an inch or so. My rule of thumb is if it shoots under an inch it will do for any range I would shoot. Lee

Latest posts

Back