ML stuff out at wallyworld

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OptimaAndy

Reaction score
The season must be coming soon cause i was at the super walmart picking up some grub and went to see if they had any hunting law books out yet they had some ML stuff out but the prices were crazy 30 for T7, 22 for Pyro, 20 for a 15 count of SWs. Needless to say i won't be getting any stuff there :( :( :(

Our Walmart doesn't carry much of anything anymore (shooting related). It seems the space allowed in the ammo case has shrunk to the point where (if it were me) I would say why bother. Half of the case that used to be allocated to ammo is now knives, and of course more than half of what's left is shotgun shells. Not much room for rim/centerfire ammo - much less BP stuff. :(
Of course we do have Bass Pro and Carter's Country - :D

Best time to buy stuff at Walmart is a few days after the muzzleloader seasons ends.

Well they try to make their money when they can. I never rely on Wal Mart for my black powder supplies. But at the end of the season sale I take advantage of their sales.

You're lucky. The Wal-Marts here don't stock ML supplies. They did just start getting a bunch of hunting stuff in though. I just picked up a new Remington (Ameristep) ground blind yesterday. My other two were getting really faded. 8)

Our Wal mart is getting smart , they don't carry the inventory the use to . They will run out before the season is over . but not the guns .

Shoot our super walmart here is lucky to carry toilet paper. Its the biggest POS walmart ive ever been to.

I never rely on Wal Mart for my black powder supplies. But at the end of the season sale I take advantage of their sales.

Same here. However, folks here start to grab up Pyrodex, 777 and SST/Shockwave bullets as soon as WalMart reduces the prices the first time. After last season folks did not grab up the 350 grain FPB bullets and i got oodles of them at $7 for a pack of 15. After they cleared out the muzzleloading stuff i found them around the corner with the buck attractant and doe pee.

At least your Wal Mart carries ML supplies and it's an option for you. Not everyone is that fortunate.

One word: California. It means NIMBY: Not in My Backyard. Ours are devoid of anything sharp, flammable, and explosive. We have a lot of quiche and fake fur though.

Back