I did it.....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10point

Reaction score
Made a trip to Cabelas yesterday and picked up a T/C Triumph AP camo with weathershield, Leupold SABR Ultimate Slam scope, with Tally base/rings. Picked up Federal 209a primers. They were out of BH209. Going to try shoot the Barnes TMZ sabots.....thanks for all the help on this site...really like hanging around it...........

great choice. I think you will be happy with that gun!

Keep us updated!

Congratulations, that will be a nice combo for you. Let us know how it goes once you get out to the range.

That really sounds like a sweet set up. We will be waiting for the range reports. I am sure there are some Triumph shooters that be sure to share some of their loads with you.

10point said:
Made a trip to Cabelas yesterday and picked up a T/C Triumph AP camo with weathershield, Leupold SABR Ultimate Slam scope, with Tally base/rings. Picked up Federal 209a primers. They were out of BH209. Going to try shoot the Barnes TMZ sabots.....thanks for all the help on this site...really like hanging around it...........

Welcome 10point!

Sounds like you are a fast learner, that is probably going to be the #1 rig for Blackhorn 209 on this site. Sorry you couldn't get some powder, looks like that is all that is missing. Oh and that smile on your face when you are loading and shooting without swabbing, and shooting the best groups you ever shot.

Where are you from? Someone might just be able to help you out with that powder, or steer you in the right direction. Post up some pics for everyone to drool over, when you get everything set up.

Great choices, now get out there and poke some holes.

10point said:

10point,
I noticed you got some TMZ's to shoot in your new Triumph. I tried to make those work in my Triumph but they were way too tight with the yellow sabots. I think Harvester makes a sabot that is a looser fit for the boatail design bullet. Better yet Barnes now makes a TM EZ flat based bullet which can be used with any sabot if the supplied one doesn't work.
You're going to like your new setup; everybody else does. :)
Good luck.....Zen

Oh Yeah....Get you some Black Horn even if you have to order it

Awesome!!! I would have gone with a Nikon scope but the US is an excellent choice.

If your Barnes bullets are packed with the yellow sabots they will take some elbow grease to seat down the barrel.

The Barnes bullets packed with the blue sabots take much less effort.

The T/C weathershield coating on the Triumpth is an excellent choice.

Chocdog

Back