which gun

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morris

Reaction score
I think some of us with several guns should either have a golf bag with several guns for each situation. Maybe the old fashion gun bearer would work.Sure is nice to have such awful problem as which gun to use

Yep, it's a real problem Morris. :roll: My rule of thumb is to use the .54 GP flintlock opening morning. The evening hunt or the next morning's hunt might involve the Omega X7, or the Mustang, or the Renegade with the .45 GM LRH barrel (or maybe the .54 slow twist barrel), or maybe even the .58 Zouave. Decisions - decisions - decisions!!! :lol: :lol:

I get a kick out of the golf bag idea.. pretty good idea.

I have a number of rifles I am going to try. In fact I was thinking of using a different rifle for every day I hunt... that should be pretty fun. See if one of them gets lucky.

Cayuga, I like that idea different gun for every day, works for me. My plan here in Va. is early ML season my New Englander, Gen. Firearms Season my Traditions Buckhunter, Late ML, let the hunting area make call on what gun to use hows that for a op plan, any thoughts would be helpful.

huntindawg1215

What are you shooting oiut of that New Englander? What caps etc. I am setting mine up this year finally, never shot a caplock before. Mine is a 50 cal and has the 1:48 twist.

Will be shooting 80grs. of Pyrodex 240grn T/C lead Shep Shot. I switched to to musket caps back about
1999, was havbing trouble with it going off, got mad and call T/C,talked with one of teir techs. He suggest BP which is hard to find in my woods. I tried Select that was worse back to Pyrodex and stayed.

I have shot round balls with a ploy patch (can't get them anymoe, boy it was deadly with them) Never got it to shot conicals and it does good with the cheap shots. T/C had a bullet sabot comb that was the same as Cheap Shots but they were jacketed can't remember what they were called but they shot the same as the Cheap shots can't tell any differences.

Latest posts

Back