2 ND DAY BIG SMILE

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidKansas

Reaction score
:D :D I got to go to the woods this mourning and sat for a very short time when a little 6 pt.buck started to cut thru the woods beside where I was sitting. Well he just was not what I wanted this early in the ML season so I just watched him for about 5 min. then I saw the brush moving and shaking like a buck was racking it, soon a nother buck moved out where I could see him and he was something I did want to take---large main frame 8 pt. with 3 stickers on the brow tines- so I waited for a good side shot and put the 250 gr. right on the front shoulder and he went down right behind my ladder stand. Then the real work started trying to get him out and then loaded in the truck > My guess is he weightd about 250-270 lbs .
DMEKansas

I am just not sharp enough to be able to post the pictures :( Sorry about that he was a great looking buck.

001.jpg

Maybe this is the one you wanted to post...

that is a beautiful buck you got there. Were you shooting a 250 grain what? With what powder charge, rifle, scope, etc?

That sure is a nice deer.

buck

That's it, I can't take it anymore!!! I officially have the fever.....Beautiful buck. Patience pays off for you. NIce

:D Thank you very much Cayuga for helping to post the picture. The bullet were Hornady with a charge of100 gr. Triple Seven fffg. It did do a number on him as he only ran about 30 yd. This was the first time out this year and now all I get to shoot at are does. Some day one of you guys will have to give me a lesson on the picture posting. I have never been good at that sort of thing until I do it several times. Thanks once again.

Buck

Really nice deer, Congrats! I'm lookin forward to dec in Kansas, Daughter and I came home from kansas today. We did not see any thing that big in the woods . Saw a monster 10 where we could not hunt.
Wayles

Congrats, Nice buck! I would "want to take him too"!

ShawnT

Sorry BUT he has been gutted and was on the way to the locker plant, just stopped long enough to wash off the mud and take pictures. I ALWAYS gut them before I leave the farm ground I hunt on and no the gut pile does not last over night most of the time with the yotes we have here. I would never have been able to move him if I had not gutted him he was over 275 lbs at the locker plant.

Great Buck!!

David, that is a BEAUTIFUL buck.. you're surely getting him mounted for the den... he really gets my juices flowing.. I'm going to hunt whitetails in three states this fall, Wyoming, Idaho and Michigan.. and it's posts like yours that get me going... thanks. Les

Sorry Les I never mount the deer( Just too cheep) I just cut the racks off and screw them on a wall down stairs I have some small ones from when I started archery hunting years and years ago and some from rifle seasons most have have not even been scored, I just love hunting and looking at the racks and leftover arrows.

Latest posts

Back