Value?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lawdwaz

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone has an idea what the value would be for a T/C Hawken 50 cal percussion gun, still in the box and untouched. Vintage about 1984? All brass and blued/case colored parts are still in factory bags. Also has a starter kit with misc. goods shown. Any idea on pricing?

GenoDenning009.jpg

tc3.jpg

tc2.jpg

tc1.jpg

Is that a Hawkins or a Renegade kit. Back when that kit was made you could get them for under $300.00 but now the rifle new sells for over $500.00 and in some places closer to $600.00 and of course there are no kits anymore. So someone wanting to make a custom rifle might pay a good price for that. It depends on how much you want to sell it. You could ask $250-350.00 and might get a taker. A used rifle will often sell for that same price range.

You have quite a find there. I personally would just put it together and keep that one for myself.

cayuga said:
Is that a Hawkins or a Renegade kit. Back when that kit was made you could get them for under $300.00 but now the rifle new sells for over $500.00 and in some places closer to $600.00 and of course there are no kits anymore. So someone wanting to make a custom rifle might pay a good price for that. It depends on how much you want to sell it. You could ask $250-350.00 and might get a taker. A used rifle will often sell for that same price range.

You have quite a find there. I personally would just put it together and keep that one for myself.
Dave....just one more??? Think of the range report you could do with that baby!

I built my first muzzleloader from a similar kit. Mine is a Renegade. I still shoot that rifle and it is a great shooter. That would be a real sweet kit. That's why I told him I would keep it and build it myself.

I would love to have that kit! You kidding me?! That would be so much fun and mean something a bit more to me than just an "off the shelf" rifle.

What do you want for it???

Latest posts

Back