T/C Impact

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Urban_Redneck

Reaction score
at Cabelas. Looked plain but, nice for the money.

The stock seemed an inch shorter than my Triumph. The sliding part of the breech is reminiscent of a Remington 3200 and locks up on closing.

IMHO, it felt more solid than anything else with a similar MSRP.

UR

The stock was probably missing the insert. Its adjustable for length of pull for getting younger shooters started.

Im still hoping to see one in person and compare it to a CVA Accura.

GM54-120

Do not think it will compete with an Accura... it is a 1/48 twist with #11 ignition....

The Pac Northwest requires exposed #11 ignition - Idaho and Oregon conicals.... Washington has changed their rules on bullets..

sabotloader said:
GM54-120

Do not think it will compete with an Accura... it is a 1/48 twist with #11 ignition....

The Pac Northwest requires exposed #11 ignition - Idaho and Oregon conicals.... Washington has changed their rules on bullets..

The Impact is TC's new entry level gun with 209 ignition and a unique breach release. As far as i know its a 1-28 twist too and only available in blue with a black synth stock.

Its about the same price and a blue/black Accura.

Sabotloader, I believe you are thinking of the T/C Northwest Explorer--#11 ignition and 1:48 for conicals. Aimed at meeting the regs in the Pacific NW.

The Impact is different.

Yep! vou guys are right... I was thinking of the new Pac Nor gun from TC...

I have heard talk of the Impact but have not really been interested so I have not educated myself...

I will do that now...

I wonder what the 'Triple Lead Thread' breech plug is? and I wonder if it might be interchangeable with the Omega/Encore?

Is this a low cost gun to compete with CVA and Traditions?

sabotloader said:
Yep! vou guys are right... I was thinking of the new Pac Nor gun from TC...

I have heard talk of the Impact but have not really been interested so I have not educated myself...

I will do that now...

I wonder what the 'Triple Lead Thread' breech plug is? and I wonder if it might be interchangeable with the Omega/Encore?

Is this a low cost gun to compete with CVA and Traditions?

Sabotloader,

A "Triple Lead Thread" is exactly that. It will have three leads vs 1 lead like the standard Omega/Encore plugs. No it would not be interchangable with the Omega/Encore. This type of thread is just like the Traditions "Accelerator" breech plugs. I dont know how many leads Traditions uses, it could even be a quad, but probably a triple. I am pretty sure it is more than a double.

What a triple lead does is, for every revolution you turn the plug, it will advance 3 times faster than a single lead. Say you had 12 threads on a single, it would take you 12 revolutions to bottom out the plug, on a triple lead it would only take 4 revolutions to bottom out the plug.

I guess a picture is worth a thousand words, so I'll post a couple.

multi_thread.gif

Fig-116-Triple-Thread-Screw.jpg

Latest posts

Back