Question????

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregF

Reaction score
Maybe one of you fellows might have an answer for me. Were there any other smooth bore percusion rifles made by TC other than the big boar? Also the Big Boar was what caliber? Thanks in advance.

Greg F.

There was a .56 caliber smoothbore made by them. And there was a 12 gauge for the New Englander for a while. Other then that I can not think of any smoothbore made by Thompson Center.

Thanks, it not the New Englander. It doesn't seem to be .56 cal either. The funny thing is T/C or Big Boar is no where on the barrel. Hardware on the rest of the gun is T/C. HMMMM. :?:

Greg F.

You might have a .62 caliber Green Mountain Barrel Co. smoothbore on that stock. If the stock was originally for a Big Bore, it would handle that barrel. They are a 20 gauge technically. They will shoot a .600 roundball and are pretty accurate to 40 yards. I used to have one, and there are little to no markings on the barrel itself. That is an excellent barrel. You can also load a 20 gauge wad and shoot bird shot out of it.

Sorry no pics. I was at my buddies gun shop and he was asking me about it because I mostly shoot some sort of muzzleloader. He took it on a trade because it was a T/C. I knew about the Big Boar but like I said there were no markings on the barrel. It might be a Green Mountain barrel like Cayuga said. Thanks for the replies.

Greg F.

Back