Thanks

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark_42367

Reaction score
A little less than a year ago I bought my first ML. I bought it cheap to get myself an extra week of deer hunting here in NC. Before I bought it I had never fired a ML. Nov. 14th. (opening day of ML week in NC) I shot my first deer with a ML. It was a nice size buck. Nothing spectacular but I was very satisfied. I shot him at 80 yds. with a 250 gr. TC Shockwave Sabot and 100 gr. of 777 using open sights. When the smoke cleared the deer was lying on his side. It seems a .50 doesn't play around. I had been in my stand for all of 20 min. I'm sure he is just the first of many I will kill with my ML. I'd like to offer my sincerest thanks to all of you for your advice and guidance over the past several months. I'd especially like to thank Cayuga for almost always being there with an answer and helping this newbie along. It's guys like you who help make hunting enjoyable for folks like me. The 45 lbs. of meat in my freezer is the proof of that. This also had an unintended consequence. My Dad used to ML hunt with a TC Hawken he built from a kit. He didn't like it because of the delay. My kid brother has always laughed at MLs. Now they're both considering getting one for next year. It looks like I may get to pass along some of the advice that you guys passed along to me. Thanks again and good hunting everyone.

Congratulations on the buck. That is a good load your shooting. And we are all happy that maybe something we passed along helped in your hunting and shooting. Now to get the others out there shooting muzzleloaders also. Meat in the freezer is always a good thing. Safe hunting.

Congrats on your first with a ML. (Now your hooked!!!!!!) To me there is nothing more warming to the soul than taking game with a ML.

Back