What bullet weight?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok I did it...I bought a Knight Disc .50...it will be here in a week. But what bullet...

I think I want to end up shooting Power Belts...But that isn't written in stone.

In my other Muzzleloaders I went Heavy....the AH shot the 444 grain Power Belts well, and I liked not having a mess...I can't use sabots, so that takes care of Nosler, and some of the others...In my Winchester I used Hornady Great Plains, and Buffalo bullets...the Buffalo bullets were lighter, but man did that gun like them...

So with the Knight should I be looking at conicals in the 350 to 444 range or should I go lighter...

Elk and Mule deer and bears will hoepfull be on the receiving end...and once I get a bullet dialed in...I will stick with it so i know what it does from 15 yards to 125 yards....

By the way...I am so thankfull for all the help on deciding what gun to buy. Thankyou

Try the 444 gr flat point Powerbelts in your Knight too. They shoot pretty good in my Knight with 70 gr of FFG 777. If you get the ones not copper coated they're cheaper. If we were not allowed sabots, I'd be shooting them. They are one wicked looking bullet.

Any of the heavier Powerbelts, 348gr, 405gr, and 444gr should be fine. You'll never know which shoots the best unless you try them. Another option would be to try the No Excuses 460gr. 70-80gr loose ffg Triple Se7en ought to do the trick.

muzzleloading-bullets.com

You'll find dave very easy to work with...I love the 503 460gr 8) 65 gr.fffg t7 works pretty good for me...I also get pretty decent accuracy with 90 gr. fffg t7, for the first 3 shots after that my eyes are either closed or crossed :cry:

Latest posts

Back