New Traditions Vortek PISTOL!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GM54-120

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
Traditions Vortek Pistol

The all new Vortek break open .50-caliber muzzleloading pistol will add a new dimension of shooting for the blackpowder enthusiast. Utilizing key features incorporated into the Vortek rifle platform, the heart and soul to the Vortek Pistol is the award winning and patent pending Accelerator Breech Plug. Utilizing the Accelerator quick release breech plug system, the Vortek pistol eliminates the need for those cumbersome breech plug removal wrenches. Three quick turns and the breech plug can be removed with your fingertips!

8HG_NewVortek_011510A.jpg

Looks interesting :D

john keyes said:
frontier gander said:
that looks like a Contender

:p

I coulda been a CONTENDAH!!!!

Exactly and im an old Contender fan but haven't had one in many years.

Its not on Traditions website yet so i have no idea what versions will be offered. I would prefer either a 14" stainless or maybe a ported 12" stainless.

Hopefully they wont be offered for a few more months. :lol:

Ive got too *%&* many already. :D

gm where did you find that at? i'm i very die hard traditions guy and i sooooo need one of them now!!! please share!!

thank you!! i defenetly gonna have to get my hands on one of them for bustin hogs!! wonder how / if blackhorn will work in one? 80.gr bh 300gr. xtp! oh my....

horsefly said:
thank you!! i defenetly gonna have to get my hands on one of them for bustin hogs!! wonder how / if blackhorn will work in one? 80.gr bh 300gr. xtp! oh my....

If it uses the same breach plug as the Vortek rifles...this is implied in the quote. Then according to Toby Bridges the Vortek is BH209 friendly.

I dont know about 80gr since ive never tried it in anything less than a 20" barrel.

Sounds like a thumper though. :lol:

BTW i found a 50cal BP revolver too but its very expensive and burns 50grs of T7 just fine from a 8" barrel.

my pursuist loves 80gr. bh with a 45cal .452 300gr. xtp in a harvester 50 cal short black. but yeh i think your right with that little thing i better start out at 50gr. man i'm excited!!

horsefly you could find out what the maz load is. The inline pistols are a blast. I think you would get a kick out of it. I hunted the whole session with my pistol. Just to give you some idea of what it might be like. Some of the more recoil sensative people run 70 grains of powder in the Kahnke's. My Kahnke's max load is 120 grains. I have no problem shooting 90 grains of blackhorn 209 with it. I use the 209 cause it burns faster. I have a 12 inch barrel and seem to get a complete burn with the 209, but I think that much 777 would not completely burn, have not tried it from a 12 inch barrel but use it in a 16 inch barrel. It kicks pritty good with 90 grains, kind of like a 454.
Pistols006-1.jpg

Looks cool! Hopefully they'll sell it over the internet like regular muzzleloaders.

Latest posts

Back