Grilled Tenderloin

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snuffy

Reaction score
If you have any deer meat skeptics in your family this easy recipe will change there mind forever. Have some tenderloin butter flyed. Take the butter flyed tenderloin and marinate it in Zesty Italian dressing and Dales sauce. If Dales is unavailable you can use Moores or Allergo. You need to use more Zesty than Dales you want just enough Dales to turn the marinate into a dark mud brown color. Marinate the meat 24 hours if possible but 2 to 4 hours will work in a pinch. Take the marinated steaks and wrap them in bacon secured with toothpics and throw them on the grill. DO NOT OVERCOOK bast the steaks in the remaining marinate. as they cook. Its so good your tongue will slap your forehead. :shock:

Makn me hungry right now, where does one find Dales, Moores or Allegro? Wallyworld have any?

fordfisher said:
Makn me hungry right now, where does one find Dales, Moores or Allegro? Wallyworld have any?

Probably...Dales is basically THE all purpose marinade here in 'Bama. Moores is VERY similar. It's basically a dark, soy-based marinade sauce with lots of extra spices. Wal-Mart or one of the larger grocery chains should have it...

http://www.greatsouth.com/gs/product.asp?pf_id=DAL001&dept_id=101

Thanks snuffy for the cookin tip! Sounds yummy plus very simple which is what i like.

Those that use COKE.....Diet or Regular??? :lol:

Do you use just Coke or do you add anything else to it? Anyone ever try Diet?? My wife leaves about 6 cans of opened diet sodas in the fridge a week.

Mike

I have found that if useing Coke, use the cheapest store brand you can find, and just cover it and soak a day or two,,,,some times we add unsalted marinades to it.

But I like the slight carmel flavor it gives better than the rest

Ive taken the backstraps and cut em thick like 2 inchs then pound em down to an inch wrap a slice of bacon around sprinkle w/garlic salt and no one Ive made these for can tell the differance between them and beef filets. Just make sure you get all the silver skin off first.

It sounds really good. But I never needed anything to cover the taste of back straps. Cooked on the grill with a little salt and pepper is good enough for me. Although I should try that. It does sound good.

Simply the best

For my tenderloins and backstraps all I do, besides trim them very well, is sprinkle them with Tony Chachere's creole or more spice and then coat them in olive oil and throw them on a very. very hot grill. I can't give a time it's more of a feel when you grab them with the tongs. If you aren't getting grill marks immediately your grill isn't hot enough. It really only takes minutes. It's pink to red in the middle and very, very tender. Honestly it's the best thing I've ever had. I've served this the last 2 years at deer camp and it's gotten rave reviews from the 10 guys in camp. It's easy and fast.

I love to marinade my loin steaks in saliva whilst I am chewing it. Being from PA Salt, Pepper and catsup are all we ever use.

This is new

Its so good your tongue will slap your forehead.

I fell off my chair laughjing at this, I never heard that one before

Try butterflied chops put cream cheese and pepperchini peppers (whole ones not rings)close up with tooth picks,grill.I just pull off stem over meat before i put pepper in.

Latest posts

Back