top on your list

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UtahRob

Reaction score
of animals you would want to get with your muzzy !!

1 Bighorn sheep
2 mountain Goat
3 Mountain Caribou
4 Moose
5 whitetail ( just love the looks of a nice white tail , even better than a mule deer )
6 Elk . Even a spike , will be hunting them in a few weeks .
7 Big mule deer , shot 7 small ones so far, last 2 with with my muzzy .
8 . Antelope
9. ?
10. ?

:D :D :D

Add griz and a wild boar with 4/5" tusks and I'll join ya :!: :!: :!:
Have a great season :!: :!: :!:

I agree, add a hog and bear on that list and you have my Christmas Wish List..

I would love to hunt any of them with a muzzleloader. Of course the Whitetail and black bear I have done, but I never cease to enjoy hunting deer. Especially with a muzzleloader.

Elk would be a big YES, as would Moose. Antelope would be exciting, and for me probably the biggest challenge as I never shoot long distance and I was watching a show on them and these people were shooting 200+ yards at these things and hitting them. To me that would be extreme.

Actually with the right company, any of them would be fun.

deer elk and antelope will be most likely the only thing i will ever hunt , being kinda semi retired not enough $$$$$ for anything else . :oops: :oops: :roll: But it's all good , i love to hunt any big game animal and even little 2x2 mule deer . :D

An Alaksa moose hunt w/a 54 flintlock has always been my dream hunt.

Elk and mule deer would top my list. Not having the opportunity in my neck of the woods, makes them very desirable.

Either Elk or Big Horn sheep. I would really like to do a back country hunt with my muzzleloader.

what

Great list and would like to do it. I would also add african hunts and definitely the water buffalo. I owuld liek to do all the gazelle, impala., kudu, etc as well.

A moose is one of the ones I have not taken so that would be #1.

Dream hunt..........

Alaskan / Yukon moose. Every thing after that is just a mild distraction.

Top of my list

I would like to shoot an antelope with my Penn 50 cal 1x66 flint.. I would like to sit in blind over a water hole in Wyoming.

My current dream is to kill that huge boar hog that frequents one of our places. We have named him Osama bin Laden. Went into a plum thicket after Osama last summer. Looked at that big black spot making loud warning grunts, looked at my muzzleloader and exited said plum thicket.

Osama, my day is coming.

Okie Hog said:
My current dream is to kill that huge boar hog that frequents one of our places. We have named him Osama bin Laden. Went into a plum thicket after Osama last summer. Looked at that big black spot making loud warning grunts, looked at my muzzleloader and exited said plum thicket.

Osama, my day is coming.

That must be one bas azz hog if he's running you out of his thicket... :lol:

Alaska Dall is at the tippy top of my list but that hunt is somewhere around $12K. So I don't see that one happening for a while. Caribou would be #2.

Anything on the list or mentioned in this thread so far would be awesome. Another one that is a TON of fun is squirrel hunting with a 32 cal traditional.

1 Human
2 rocky mtn big horn sheep
3 Big bull elk!!
4 Moose
5 huge muley deer
6 whitetail
7 antelope
8 hogs
9 Buffalo ( Probably should be top 5 )
10 turkey

1 - Yukon Moose
2 - Dall Sheep